Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

how can it be too cold, they heat it with nuclear energy.
it probably glows and makes night surfing possible too.
Abscate wrote:
asiab3 wrote:
Jesus Mary and Joseph does it cost that much to shovel snow?

*insert every bitch and moan about California’s “high gas prices” here*

Robbie

You guys charge $15 to get 'access' to San Onofre Beach - then you don't even go in the water because its too cold...I talked the gate guy into a freebie though....you have to know these things to be a King

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
Well that was that... no one else wanted my services. Until the next storm...

Well balls, that market sucks. Time to pick up and hit up Stamford. Pretty sure nobody there is shoveling snow from their driveway. All out sourced Wink

You gave it a try and split 20 bucks with your buddy. Good on you for trying. Don’t be a wuss and give up. Did you guys at least make snow angels? Laughing

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/url]

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Yeah, I went out yesterday to check and I was like, "15 people have snowblowers, 20 people still have filled driveways, and one lady already said no". I went out this morning, 17/20 of the driveways were cleared and the ones that were not, the people weren't home or they were having someone come over later to do it. To be honest, my mom thought we wouldn't make anything. I'll keep trying, just get out early for the next storm. Sadly Xevin... we didn't make snow angels Laughing Laughing
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Cap10323
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

I can't believe this thread has 21 pages...

'77 Westfalia - 2.0 F.I
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Cap10323 wrote:
Why's that?
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

I'll spend 2100 pages helping a young lady or man find a good path starting out in life a s opposed to grownups leaching off society on " find yourself journeys...
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

wished you lived local. we had 12.8 inches of snow they say and i am getting over a bout of bad back last week and there are no kids around here so i had to pay a plow service to do it. And the job they did last night when i went out to look today was so bad i had to do follow up on it myself. So now i have a giant ice pack on my back. Grrr.... Good luck. If it hasnt been mentioned spread the word on facebook if you are on it. I saw a girl i know who doesnt live locally tell her friends that her son was out charging xyz and said to text him if they wanted his services.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
I went out this morning, 17/20 of the driveways were cleared and the ones that were not, the people weren't home or they were having someone come over later to do it.

Gotta keep them boys from South Windsor off your turf Twisted Evil

Link

Cap10323 wrote:

I do agree. Yet I find it more compelling then a trip to Alaska from Chile. Wink

Keep rollin tough CTbug. Someday I’ll need you to bail me out of a tough roadside situation. Cheers.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Thanks Abscate! Obus, we got a little more than that here. What a pain it is to shovel, but money is money. I would do a thing on Facebook, but the only account I have is for my YouTube channel and I don't really want my town on there. Xevin... I almost died of laughter from that Laughing Yeah, the 21 pages... I didn't think it would turn into that. I just wanted to know about my old bus, then it turned into another bus hunt Rolling Eyes Whatever, I'm getting a ton of pointers from you guys. I know it doesn't seem like it, but i do take into account everything you all say... I just post rust buckets because I know I can only afford them Laughing
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Everyone wants to shovel the first snow storm. Once the novelty wears off from storm 3, the business will pick up
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

That's true Abscate. I hate the snow, but I'm hoping we get a lot of it Laughing
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Cap10323
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I'll spend 2100 pages helping a young lady or man find a good path starting out in life a s opposed to grownups leaching off society on " find yourself journeys...

Well, when you put it that way..

I'm sorry for being cynical.

'77 Westfalia - 2.0 F.I
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Everyone wants to shovel the first snow storm. Once the novelty wears off from storm 3, the business will pick up

And maybe a few of the 17 neighbor's will switch to your service so save a few (!) bucks.

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

I'll bet some of them don't want to shovel in -20F
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I'll bet some of them don't want to shovel in -20F

Shocked Negative twenty? Shocked

Okay, I don't want any of you bozos making comments about me living in 110 degrees in the summer. And that includes the bozo in a boot! Laughing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Alright guys... get this. We all know that I want a bus and my dad wants one. My plan was to get him and myself one. He might have just made this easier. I was talking to him about a bus and he's like, "I want to go all custom with it when I get one, like keep the plaid, but do a whole custom camper set up with solar panels and custom cabinets and stuff". Now custom isn't exactly my style, but if that's what he wants, I should just start looking for bus shells with engines and trannys for him and find myself a nice stock westy. How much could a shell be? $500-$1000?
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
How much could a shell be? $500-$1000?

You would be surprised. A decent shell with little rust will be a lot more than $1000. I'd say anywhere from $2000 - $4000 depending on the shape, especially in the East.

You could probably get a nice rust free roller from Nevada, AZ or CA for a decent price though. Figure about $1500 to ship it east. Night be worth it.
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

A good dry shell is more like $5000-10000. Bodywork is where the bucks are.

You need to be in bed by 2100 hours if you want to ease the older generations of the burden of their cash. You need 9+ hours sleep per night to stay at your 3x youth energy level .

-Great Grandad Abscate
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

What is your family dynamic here? Why is it a kids job to find a bus for his father? It really sounds like money is a big issue in your household. It sounds to me like there is little to no disposable income to buy one, let alone build and maintain one. From all of your posts I seem to think a bus will add financial stress to your situation....mom doesn't want one and it seems you want the cheapest pile of shit you can find....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

What is your family dynamic here? Why is it a kids job to find a bus for his father? It really sounds like money is a big issue in your household. It sounds to me like there is little to no disposable income to buy one, let alone build and maintain one. From all of your posts I seem to think a bus will add financial stress to your situation....mom doesn't want one and it seems you want the cheapest pile of shit you can find....

Dad wants a bus, but won't buy it for himself. Money isn't the issue and he's got enough disposable income at the moment for it. He does crypto currency stuff and could buy a bus that was driving with a small amount of rust right now if he wanted, but he always says he has to do something first. Even my step mom said that if he doesn't buy one now, by the time he decides to, they'll be too expensive. My step mom didn't want a rusty piece of junk that can't easily be running, my mom has no problem if I get a bus, she actually likes the idea.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: