Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
orangebug60guy
Twin #1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
What is your family dynamic here? Why is it a kids job to find a bus for his father? It really sounds like money is a big issue in your household. It sounds to me like there is little to no disposable income to buy one, let alone build and maintain one. From all of your posts I seem to think a bus will add financial stress to your situation....mom doesn't want one and it seems you want the cheapest pile of shit you can find....

Dad wants a bus, but won't buy it for himself. Money isn't the issue and he's got enough disposable income at the moment for it. He does crypto currency stuff and could buy a bus that was driving with a small amount of rust right now if he wanted, but he always says he has to do something first. Even my step mom said that if he doesn't buy one now, by the time he decides to, they'll be too expensive. My step mom didn't want a rusty piece of junk that can't easily be running, my mom has no problem if I get a bus, she actually likes the idea.

Sounds like YOU want a bus.
Here’s a nice starter bus for your budget. Again... keep saving your money because it’s going to need a ton of cash. Even once it is complete and running you’ll need cash.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2126037
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

That’s less than helpful.

To the lister on that Bus, I hope you get 1000 samba flakes calling on you on your $250 scrap heap. I bet your clear title doesn’t have your name on it, which means it isn’t a clear title , either. Easy nomination for the shinola-hole ad of the month.

Classic “you won’t fall thru the floors but you can see light at edges. price lowered from 39.99 for quick sale!”

Good luck negotiating the social minefield of parents and step-parents, those are great skills you are accumulating by the way.
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

yeah, i bought something from that sambaflakes guy ONCE, hes even more of a beauty to deal with one on one.

67bug, try a wanted craigslist ad, but post it for boston?? there was a guy who had an ad hed run every few months for a sandblasted and primered roller, it looked ok, but youd have to see it in person. i cant remember where exactly it was

who knows, this 72 might not be "that" bad..i doubt it, but it looks better than the orange one in this one picture

https://maine.craigslist.org/pts/d/massive-amount-of-aircooled/6409563939.html

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Yarkle wrote:
yeah, i bought something from that sambaflakes guy ONCE, hes even more of a beauty to deal with one on one.

67bug, try a wanted craigslist ad, but post it for boston?? there was a guy who had an ad hed run every few months for a sandblasted and primered roller, it looked ok, but youd have to see it in person. i cant remember where exactly it was

who knows, this 72 might not be "that" bad..i doubt it, but it looks better than the orange one in this one picture

https://maine.craigslist.org/pts/d/massive-amount-of-aircooled/6409563939.html

yea, it was in black epoxy....super nice bus, BUT no VIN, and ZERO parts for it....even I passed. too bad, it was STUPID solid...

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Let say hypothetical you got a mint late bay roller for $500. What’s a decent transaxle going to cost you? 1-$2k and an engine. Add $1k-2k plus. Let’s call it $3500k for the bus. Of those parts mentioned how long will they last? Now new engine going to cost $5-7k (Bus Depot AVP Long block $2K)or $20k Wink New 091 transaxle $3500. You could save up $5k for a rolling project. Or make some good friends at work that will give you a bus Wink Very Happy

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanag...mp;vxp=mtr

Very Happy

You're welcome.

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Pretty much orangebug60guy... I've seen that bus. I knew to avoid it... You know what, I'll just get myself a bus and we can just use it as a family. Kent...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanag...mp;vxp=mtr

Thought about it. But didn’t like thier return policy Laughing

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Doesn't even mention if it runs..... or even have an engine for that matter.
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

yea, it was in black epoxy....super nice bus, BUT no VIN, and ZERO parts for it....even I passed. too bad, it was STUPID solid...

Yep., thats the one. It did look good, but that explains why it kept getting posted.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

orangebug60guy wrote:

Sounds like YOU want a bus.
Here’s a nice starter bus for your budget. Again... keep saving your money because it’s going to need a ton of cash. Even once it is complete and running you’ll need cash.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2126037

This guy ^^^ Rolling Eyes He probably paid $300-$400 for that pile 'o crap, that's his gig, by low, sell at crazy super high prices.

Rob, save your pennies, I'll see you in the Spring.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Yeah crukab, that orange westy is junk. Hopefully I'll see you in the spring.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Alright, so it hasn't been snowing at all since the last time... which means I haven't been able to make any money. I do want to throw something out there though... I like to make designs... you can check out the wild westerner thread and the eclipse signs to see some of that. I made few t-shirts with VW stuff on them and just wanted to throw up the designs here. If any of you are interested in one, the link will take you to a storefront with the designs on it. If you buy one, I'll get a bit of money from it to go toward the bus.

https://teespring.com/stores/dubwerks-1
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Jump to:
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: