Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Avery's Aircooled show/shine and swap meet Kelso, Wa 5/20/17
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Avery's Aircooled show/shine and swap meet Kelso, Wa 5/20/17 Reply with quote

I have never attended this meet. But I think that this is the year I finally attend.

Averys has saved me a few times over the last 20+ years. So to pay homage to them I'm posting their annual spring show/shine and swap meet.
I find it kind of cool that a VW supply shop would have a swap meet. But that just adds to the charm of this fine company.

If you live in SW Washington or Northwest Oregon and drive a VW. You might want to check this little show out.

The show is from 10am to 2pm.

See ya there.

https://www.averysaircooled.com/vintage-car-show/

EDIT: The weather is gonna be real nice this year Very Happy

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Avery's Aircooled show/shine and swap meet Kelso, Wa 5/20/17 Reply with quote

If you didn't go you missed a good show. 146 cars in a very tight space. Lots of nice people and a great venue at an ACVW salvager. Cars were fantastic. Lots of patina rides. We're in the PNW so nicely painted cars are a rarity here. But there were few that were gorgeous

Nice thing about this show is that they straitened up their storage containers and you can walk through them browsing for that one special part. I found many that I needed. Sadly, like most of us I had not but $3 dollars in my wallet. Embarassed Oh well there's always next year. Very Happy

They had a raffle and gave away some good prizes. Avery's had all kinds of weird give a ways for things like longest hair on a kid under 18yo, most holes in your pants, longest beard on a man.
The engine blow was a hoot. Type 3 lasted all of 1:46:30 seconds by my stop watch.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This 65 is a garage painted car that was stunning to look at. The owner/builder had one of the most unusual SP dual carb setup's I have ever seen. A pair a of 28 PICT's It was genius how the owner fabricated the throttle linkage.

My car in the line up. Kinda lonely, but he got some friends as the show went on.

These are the width and breadth of the turn out.

I liked the Avery's slip bed tow truck with a very unique way of lowering the bed to receive the car to be towed on it.

This was by far the most unusual vehicle I have ever seen. A DKW AUTO UNION van. Very cool. The owner/builder took the 2-stroke engine out and installed a VW front beam in it. He also grafted a rear section from a VW of some sort at the back and it sported a type1 style engine at the rear.

Again if you didn't go this year. I highly recommend this little show.

To the samba members I met today. It was an honor meeting you. Great men and young men. Thank you for the compliments regarding helping folks on the samba. It keeps me going. Very Happy

Oh and there was an after show cruise. I heard the call for the cruise as I was leaving to get some gas Sad

See ya at Avery's next year. Can't wait for it.

Oh yea and one more thing. This show was free to attend, show car or spectator. All are welcome for the total entry fee of "0" dollars Applause

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Avery's Aircooled show/shine and swap meet Kelso, Wa 5/20/17 Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:

This 65 is a garage painted car that was stunning to look at. The owner/builder had one of the most unusual SP dual carb setup's I have ever seen. A pair a of 28 PICT's It was genius how the owner fabricated the throttle linkage.

Engine pic?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Avery's Aircooled show/shine and swap meet Kelso, Wa 5/20/17 Reply with quote

Sadly I didn't take a pic of that engine. Embarassed The owner is a lurker here. Maybe he'll see this and post a pic of the engine. It was very unique for sure.
He's local and is looking for a cruising buddy. He said he'd shoot me a pm. I'll ask for an engine pic if he does.

Thanks for moving this thread from the stickies.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Avery's Aircooled show/shine and swap meet Kelso, Wa 5/20/17 Reply with quote

For Evertt. Pics of the 65 engine with dual 28 pict 1 carbs

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Avery's Aircooled show/shine and swap meet Kelso, Wa 5/20/17 Reply with quote

Cool, thanks!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: