Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Late EGR Valve Disassembly
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbrowncods
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Late EGR Valve Disassembly Reply with quote

I have a bad EGR valve due to the diaphragm drying out and cracking. You can see where I removed the diaphragm between the two disks.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My question is does the shaft come apart there, so I can swedge another diaphragm between them? Is it pressed or screwed on?

On the other end the metal disk comes apart by grinding the weld off. That is as far is it comes apart on that end of the shaft. Not sure why the threads are there as nothing screws on them.
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: 1977 California EGR Valve Disassembly Reply with quote

I don't know the answer to your question.

Don't know if these pictures help... this was mine off a 1977 California emissions GD series bus engine. It worked just fine, but needed a good cleaning.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bbrowncods
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Late EGR Valve Disassembly Reply with quote

That is exactly what I needed. Definitely unscrews there at that junction.
Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: