Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

michemo - [email protected] - mike
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: michemo
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 20, 2024
rafyvolky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: michemo - [email protected] - mike Reply with quote

Purchased some items from Mike he kept his word and delivered thankyou.will buy again with no hesitation
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: michemo - [email protected] - mike Reply with quote

I ordered an owner's manual from Mike.

I'd like to simply present the facts here so that others may see how Mike's ads and shipped products match up.

This is the classified ad. As of the time of this post, the ad is still active.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And here are the full-sized images from the ad:

Notice that the manual in the photos appears to have very little if any water damage.

Now, here is the manual that Mike shipped to me:

The majority of the pages were stuck together with the black mold seen in the third image. Luckily, I was able to slowly pull all of the pages apart without damaging anything.

Notice that on the title page there is writing in pencil under the "Sedan 113." I actually like the writing, and my car happens to be a 113. But, compare it to the photo in the ad (no writing is visible there). This is clearly not the actual manual shown in the ad.

The ad doesn't say that the photos are merely representative, and that he has multiple manuals to sell. In fact, with the claim that "other on net [...] could not be in as good as shape as this one found in between 2 encyclopedia" (sic), the ad seems to be indicating that the ad is for just one manual. A reasonable person might assume that the one manual for sale is the one in the photos.

I emailed Mike asking if maybe he sent me the wrong manual. He replied that he would have to check his warehouse. Since then, I have sent two followup emails asking if he has any update for me. He has never responded again.

It's been two weeks, so I'm moving on.

Regards,
Kris
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: michemo - [email protected] - mike Reply with quote

Recently bought a one year only '67 rear apron from Mike. Pics on the ad were not the greatest honestly, but it was described as like new condition, with no damage, rust, or other issues. Although not cheap, the price was less than I had seen similar '67 aprons go for before, so I took a chance. These things are hard to come by, especially ones that are in really good condition like this one was advertised as.

To be honest I was a little nervous with the purchase, as the apron wasn't exactly cheap if it didn't meet my expectations, and I wasn't sure what recourse (if any) I might would have. Mike isn't a big computer guy, but he always answered emails in a timely fashion, so that gave me some level of comfort at least. Paid via PayPal and had tracking info the next business day. Happy to say that the apron showed up as promised, and is in really fantastic condition. A great score for sure.

Thanks Mike!

67 Beetle (TBD)

74 Transporter (EJ25 Swapped) - Build Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

See all my VW pics on Instagram @ vee_dub_nut
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: