Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Check out this Fixer Upper...
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deckard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Check out this Fixer Upper... Reply with quote

So the Magnolia Mom herself Joanna Gaines is posing with a '73(?) Thing on issue #3 of her Magnolia Journal magazine, Since the mag has circulation of over one million issues, I think this may be the first million-seller VW thing cover
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
ALANSD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Check out this Fixer Upper... Reply with quote

that woman is one amazing talent. She has quite an eye for decorating. We watched a lot of the shows until they got kinda boring... Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ldj1002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Check out this Fixer Upper... Reply with quote

ALANSD wrote:
that woman is one amazing talent. She has quite an eye for decorating. We watched a lot of the shows until they got kinda boring... Shocked

Yes, quite a talent. No one else could have closed a city owned alley for their own convience and get away with it or beat their supposed friends out of a possible millions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hobie16
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Check out this Fixer Upper... Reply with quote

ldj1002 wrote:
ALANSD wrote:

Yes, quite a talent. No one else could have closed a city owned alley for their own convience and get away with it or beat their supposed friends out of a possible millions.

My wife watches the show all the time. What's the full story?

If anything’s going to happen, it’s going to happen out there.
---Captain Ron
KAmes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Check out this Fixer Upper... Reply with quote

hobie16 wrote:
ldj1002 wrote:
ALANSD wrote:

I wouldn't pay any attention to the gossip garbage. The news is always looking to bring down the successful with something salacious, some of it doesn't pass the common sense test. I wonder if the thing is a photo prop or if it belongs to someone involved?
Deckard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Check out this Fixer Upper... Reply with quote

Since both Joanna and Chip are heavily involved in Social Media I doubt the VW Thing belongs to them, since it by now would have made an appearance I bet it was a prop.
ldj1002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Check out this Fixer Upper... Reply with quote

KAmes wrote:
hobie16 wrote:
ldj1002 wrote:
ALANSD wrote:

I wouldn't pay any attention to the gossip garbage. The news is always looking to bring down the successful with something salacious, some of it doesn't pass the common sense test. I wonder if the thing is a photo prop or if it belongs to someone involved?

No gossip. Google or go to Waco Tribune Herald and search
hobie16
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Check out this Fixer Upper... Reply with quote

ldj1002 wrote:
.. go to Waco Tribune Herald and search

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/business/former-magno...6cf56.html

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/business/magnolia-mar...b48a1.html

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/business/lawyer-dispu...00b77.html

If anything’s going to happen, it’s going to happen out there.
---Captain Ron
CraigInPA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Check out this Fixer Upper... Reply with quote

The lawsuit over the Magnolia real estate business is essentially a money grab.

The simple fact that Chip Gaines could have just founded another company under another name, and the agreements with HGTV are personal agreements with Chip and Joanna, mean that there is no case, notwithstanding the 2 plaintiffs belief that the Magnolia real estate corporate structure added any value.

I've been involved in one of those alley way disputes myself. As half owner of the alley way, you have the right to block your half of the alley. If the ownership is front to back, that means one owner can effectively block the entire alley. If the ownership is side-to-side (adjacent), an owner can block half of the alley on their side. If that means the resulting area is not wide enough for a vehicle to pass, tough.
EDragnDean
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Check out this Fixer Upper... Reply with quote

CraigInPA wrote:
The lawsuit over the Magnolia real estate business is essentially a money grab.

The simple fact that Chip Gaines could have just founded another company under another name, and the agreements with HGTV are personal agreements with Chip and Joanna, mean that there is no case, notwithstanding the 2 plaintiffs belief that the Magnolia real estate corporate structure added any value.

I've been involved in one of those alley way disputes myself. As half owner of the alley way, you have the right to block your half of the alley. If the ownership is front to back, that means one owner can effectively block the entire alley. If the ownership is side-to-side (adjacent), an owner can block half of the alley on their side. If that means the resulting area is not wide enough for a vehicle to pass, tough.

Agreed. Partners agreed to sell, then upset because the value went up... If I selll Apple stock at 100 and it climbs to 300, can I sue Apple? Or better question, I by a Thing for 4k and sell for 6k, can the original owner sue me for the difference? No one sues when the value goes down.... One of the lessons I learned in college, anyone can sue for any reason... Doesn't mean they will win.
73 Thing http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8111202#8111202
70 BusClick to view image
77kafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Check out this Fixer Upper... Reply with quote

Back on the original topic:

The cover was shot in Mexico on a fun family vacation.

The car broke down on the way to the production, but that didn't stop the film crew, they towed it to the perfect spot for the shoot.

Overheard on 27 June 07, one lady to another when they saw my Harli in a parking lot at West Point, "maybe he found it on the clearance aisle at the Volkswagen dealer"
Deckard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Check out this Fixer Upper... Reply with quote

From Joanna Gaines Instagram
>>
I love to share the behind the scenes of photos because as we all know, there is always so much more going on than what is seen. (Scroll right to see more)

A few months ago we went on vacation with a couple other families to Mexico and we all fell in love with this little old white car (a VW Thing ♥️). I thought it would be fun on the cover of the summer magazine so on our last evening there, at ten minutes to 8pm (sun was going down) I looked at everyone and said let's try this! My friend @billyjackbrawner3 (guy in the popsicle shirt) had to run ten minutes from where we were staying and ask in broken Spanish if we could borrow the car. After trying to start it multiple times, he realized it wasn't going to start so he then had to ask if we could borrow another car and tow it.

Meanwhile I'm throwing on this dress and putting my beach frizzed hair in a bun and applying lots of layers of blush and eyeliner so I could look somewhat photo ready.

BJ made it back with that little white car and we had two minutes to snap a shot before it was too dark for a decent photo. He asked his wife Sara (her story is a must read in this issue) to assist him as she was juggling holding her baby and a couple of wide angled lenses.

And there you have it... now you know the rest of the story 😉#magnoliajournal
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: