Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Was the gas heater an option?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Was the gas heater an option? Reply with quote

I have a Canadian 1974 Thing. It doesn't have a gas heater and it looks like it never did.
I'm wondering if the heater was an option in the US and/or Canada.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
doublecanister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Was the gas heater an option? Reply with quote

hey 911pickup,

I don't think they were on the 74,
73' was the 'supposed' last year with gas heaters, but I'm sure there could be instances of it.
But 74 was supposed to use the heat from the engine vs the gas heater.
they had the heater box's and hoses (or should have).

That gas heater gets hot too, I swear I could roast marshmellows with mine! lol

T
1966 - Mustang GT- Fastback
1951 - Ford F1 pickup Flathead V8
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Was the gas heater an option? Reply with quote

US 73 standard 74 optional
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Was the gas heater an option? Reply with quote

The 'hot' air from the heater boxes, which only goes as far as the back seats, is a joke. I can't imagine much, if any, warm air reaching the front seats.

Since I don't plan on driving mine in cool/cold weather I've pulled my heater boxes and the crappy pea shooter muffler, and ordered a new exhaust system (including J tubes) from Vintage Speed.

I'm trying to decided if I should install the new muffler on the engine while it's out of the car, or install the engine and then install the muffler.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: