Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I have a 93 Eurovan and the clutch needes 5 to 10 pumps to work
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: I have a 93 Eurovan and the clutch needes 5 to 10 pumps to work Reply with quote

I,ve replaced both master and slave cylinders n bled the clutch slave more than 10 times still not much improvement. I,v never had this trouble before but I never had a EV before only t2 n t1 vans. my jap cars never gave me any greef like this. I,m ready to throw in a auto tran if I don<t sort it out soon. I already have a parts van w/all parts needed. thanks Bill Puerto Rico n Vt also has anybody ever thrown a carb on these vans w 5 cylinder eng?
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: i have a 93 eurovan and the clutch needes 5 to 10 pumps to work Reply with quote

Bleeding the clutch is nothing special. It's like a Japanese, French, American etc. If you want, you can suck on it from the bleeder for a bit.

As for a carb, nobody has put a carb on one because carbs are junk. There's a reason why nobody uses them any more. People that put carbs on a T3 were nuts too but that's a whole other story.
d-9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: i have a 93 eurovan and the clutch needes 5 to 10 pumps to work Reply with quote

I use a pressure bleeder for clutches, never managed to get a good bleed manually. Make sure you also bleed the nipple on the firewall on the pipe that goes to the clutch.
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: i have a 93 eurovan and the clutch needes 5 to 10 pumps to work Reply with quote

thanks 4 info about clutch bleeding. its down to 3 pumps now so that's a improvement. and fuel injection when it breaks is a very complex n expensive deal./ give me a carb anytime. everybody down here takes them off n throws them away which I ll do as soon as I find one that fits. It must be us old hippies r just old school, Bill Puerto Rico n Vt
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: i have a 93 eurovan and the clutch needes 5 to 10 pumps to work Reply with quote

Have fun trying to start a car with a carb when it's -10F there in VT. If you can get it started, then driving it is yet another major undertaking. With the stock FI, you turn the key, it starts and you can drive it right off the bat.

I'm old school and I learned a long time ago, avoid a carb at all costs.
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a 93 Eurovan and the clutch needes 5 to 10 pumps to work Reply with quote

Carbs work fine in the northeast. U just need a choke or some patience. but anyway the EU is in the West Indies. never colder than 60 f here. My 76 westy has twin 34s n no choke n IT starts a 0 f . any way my problem on the EV is the plugs foul up when I drive about 10 miles or so plus it shutters n shakes then shuts down completely . then it starts right up again and runs fine for a while then repeates problem till it fouls the plugs completely. I have no test equipment here.thanks Bill
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: I have a 93 Eurovan and the clutch needes 5 to 10 pumps to work Reply with quote

Update. The clutch is fixed but to bleed it my mechanic had to parchally pull it out of bellhousing.(slave cylinder)...The FI is a lot better but still fouls the plugs on low n high RPMyS working ok from about ,1200/2400.. at least I can drive it to local shows and carry stuff n camp out...Still looking for a carb setup for it ...ha.
Ha no seriously I really will do it Vincent... keep bussing Bill PR & VT
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a 93 Eurovan and the clutch needes 5 to 10 pumps to work Reply with quote

Switching from FI to carbs is like trying to fit a bench seat into a Ferrari. You might succeed, but...

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a 93 Eurovan and the clutch needes 5 to 10 pumps to work Reply with quote

I saw a bench seat in a 914 at a show the other day.
.N I think it was stock...no carbs tho
FI still...

Bill
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: I have a 93 Eurovan and the clutch needes 5 to 10 pumps to work Reply with quote

It works fine in my bay (carbs) but it was designed to have carbs first...but not the Eurovan...Oh well I still miss my old VW's with manual chokes ..when was that???60 and older 36 HP models,,?? Boy I'M starting to show my age ...love that power steering...
on my Eurovan n jetta still all sticks s on my 5 vws I drive..
Born in 47. Bill.. thanks for the.....flashback
...whew
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: