Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GermanStatus101 - [email protected] - Eric Ivory
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: GermanStatus101
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 28, 2024
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: GermanStatus101 - [email protected] - Eric Ivory Reply with quote

I'll never buy anything from Eric again. I spoke to him about a car that he was advertising (a '72 Ghis for $5500) and he was very quick to answer my questions and respond with additional photos. He told me he had a clear title and the car was ready to go. I told him I'd wire the money and it would take a few days (it ended up taking a week. It was international). Once I confirmed he had received the payment I contacted him to arrange to have the car picked up. He told me that he was out of town for a few days and I'd have to wait. I told him no problem as it took a while for him to get the $$. I waited a week and then contacted him again. This time the response was that he had to pay off the title (which he had told me was clear) and that it would take a few days. After that I got another excuse that he was in the hospital. After that I got a story about how it was a very emotional time for him parting with this car. This guy jerked me around for several weeks after he had my money and would not even give me any information at all about where the car was or when it would be ready to be picked up and was really surprised that I was getting pissed off. I'm pretty sure (actually I'm positive) that what he is doing is selling cars that he does not own yet. BUYER BEWARE !!
Dominator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: GermanStatus101 - [email protected] - Eric Ivory Reply with quote

Tried to sell my brothers van without his knowledge or permission. He comes to look at your vehicle, takes pictures, asks questions and then posts on here claiming it's his own. I'm not sure why he still has an account. Complete scam.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: GermanStatus101 - [email protected] - Eric Ivory Reply with quote

I asked the brother aka user cushgills to repost here as he started another thread in error.
Here is the text until he reposts:
cushgills wrote:
I recently ran into my own vehicle up for sale on Samba before it was actually up for sale. The person took some pictures of my 1970 VW bus (now up for sale) and was going to get back to me with an offer. It was posted the next day without my permission with little description and only a few pictures. I searched their username (GermanStatus101) and there is another similar post for a Karmann Ghia. I guess he wanted it so bad he pretended he already owned it. He's posting out of both Redondo Beach, CA and Hermosa Beach, CA. I reported the infraction and the post was quickly removed. Thanks Samba staff. I just hope GermanStatus101 is banned from this site.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bnbeker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: GermanStatus101 - [email protected] - Eric Ivory Reply with quote

@Syncrozilla, so how did the deal with GermanStatus101 end? Did he ever deliver the car, or did you get your money back?
ekomanii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: GermanStatus101 - [email protected] - Eric Ivory Reply with quote

I saw some pictures that looked familiar on a different ad. In fact, they were the EXACT same pics I had posted on MY ad for MY bus.

Reported it, and he denies it on Facebook chat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: GermanStatus101 - [email protected] - Eric Ivory Reply with quote

bnbeker wrote:
@Syncrozilla, so how did the deal with GermanStatus101 end? Did he ever deliver the car, or did you get your money back?

Yes I did finally get the car. It took about 3 weeks from the time I sent him the $$. So in the end I did not get ripped off. Still stand by my feedback above though. I wouldn't buy anything from him again unless it was an in person deal and he showed me a clean title in his name up front and I could take possession of the car right then.

I'm only leaving this here now because Eric is bugging my to change my feedback which I am not going to do. Best I am going to do for him is clear up that he did not totally rip me off. He says he was having a hard time back then. Whatever. If you take somebody's $$ at that point it's important to return phone calls and emails and deliver the product you sold. That's the bottom line.
GermanStatus101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: GermanStatus101 - [email protected] - Eric Ivory Reply with quote

And I appreciate you Seth! I know I should have acted quicker to get the deal done, and I will be a man and take that, but I have never ripped anybody off or stolen ANY MONEY. I am a licensed dealer, I get leads on cars and people send me cars all the time to sell or help sell. So I will do my best from now on to check the source of the vehicle first before I post it and make sure the owner is ok with it. Peace And Love

Eric Very Happy
Pablo Ayala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: GermanStatus101 - [email protected] - Eric Ivory Reply with quote

Recently made a purchase of Bus 1969 locally. Erik.... is a straight business man , he came out on time. Will definitely continue to do business with Erik German status101.... Keep up the good work. I have entrusted him with brokering a deal for me, because of my lack of time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Classifieds Feedback
Sancho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: GermanStatus101 - [email protected] - Eric Ivory Reply with quote

saw an advertisement from him on thesamba.
I actually bought the bus.
But after a while it did became clear he didn't owned it.

Title was "clear" but then the shippers wouldn't ship because it had no title (this arrived 6 to 8 weeks later).

Bus was not as described, and the pictures were only taken from the good parts!

To be honest I am a dealer, and the price was pretty good if it matched the description.

Now that the bus has arrived in Belgium, I certainly overpaid and will hopefully break even.

You win some/you lose some.
This was definatly a loss.
And he definatly lost me as a customer!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GermanStatus101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: GermanStatus101 - [email protected] - Eric Ivory Reply with quote

We spoke on the phone and I told him it had RUST I said "do you have a good rust guy?" He said yes ! And he sent me a deposit, Everything went smooth and the car was delivered with the title. I said I will make it up on another car even after i told him about the issues and he refused.
Ilan paz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: GermanStatus101 - [email protected] - Eric Ivory Reply with quote

Never ever have any dealings with this seller and save yourself a heart brake.
Eric is the most dishonest person I have ever dealt with.
Asked to correspond on WhatsApp as he cannot send emails.
Told me the car was “pretty much complete”, straight body, no rust, solid floors, reconditioned engine and gear box.
Only after he got paid he said that a few items are missing and that he will get them before shipping. (Never got them)
He wasn’t the car registered owner as I later found out.
He insisted I pay through PayPal as a gift and not as a purchase then asked for extra money as the back wheels did not hold air (contrary to what he said before) and for other parts like bumpers and glass. The car arrived to New Zealand as a bare shell, every single panel is badly damaged (as if he showed me a different car or took photos in a way that didn’t show it up) barely 5% of the total parts included. Floors are made of small patches welded together in the most unprofessional way.
The front nose up to the windshield don’t belong to the car year and openings for the blinker lights were blocked off so it looked like 1968 and not 1970 on.
The front is welded just below the windshield leaving a messed up mountains of welding materials underneath.
The door gaps were corrected by simply grinding them so the fold of the door skin is no longer there leaving the skin flapping. Same with the engine lid.
The engine is kaput.
I could go on and on. Name an item and it is 99% chance it’s missing.
I contacted Eric and all I got is “that’s what you paid for”
He gave me $500 Back on the promise that I will write him a very good feedback on this site.
I am now $10K short (shipping and clearing fees).
My question to you the members is, do I go ahead and buy the missing parts or just scrap it?
I have learned my lesson and hope that no one will ever fall for ERIC IVORY.
Just an update, got a few abusing massages On WhatsApp and the $500 refund?
Gone. Eric put a stop on the PayPal payment. I guess the feedback wasn’t the one he dictated.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: