Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Robert Casey, propsinc, Diane Magnusson
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JulesD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: buyer beware Robert Casey, propsinc Diane Magnusson Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
True you didn't get the wheels. I would feel fortunate to have gotten my money back.

The guy obviously got a better offer. Would have been nice for him to be honest, though.

agree, but he's been selling parts for years on samba so i took a leap of faith on the F&F. Saves him a bundle and this is what i get for it. I had been looking for those wheels for a while so i would have rather he kept his part of the deal and sent me the wheels i had paid for,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: buyer beware Robert Casey, propsinc Diane Magnusson Reply with quote

True you didn't get the wheels. I would feel fortunate to have gotten my money back.

The guy obviously got a better offer. Would have been nice for him to be honest, though.
JulesD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Robert Casey, propsinc, Diane Magnusson Reply with quote

Be careful.

Robert Casey posted some used wheels for sale, 5/15/17. I replied 'i will take these, please send total with shipping to AZ and the zip on 5/15/17.

Robert / Bob answered from [email protected] / Dianne Magnusson:

quoting Email: Hi Jules, Go ahead and send the money for the rims to this e-mail address using PayPal's "Family and Friends" option and I will get them ready for shipping. I will need to take the tires off in oder to get them boxed and I would guestimate around $100-$120 for shipping. I will get a price for Two Boxes and One big Box, See which is cheeper. Thanks...Bob"

I immediately sent $ as instructed and thanked Bob for the offer to take the old tires off.

Bob then replied on 5/15:

"Hi Jules, It is good thing you sent the money, I had another guy hot for them who wanted to send his own labels to get them picked up. What ever it cost me to send them is what I will bill you for. I have company coming from California that I have to deal with so I will not be able to have a price until Thursday or Friday. In the mean time I will drop them off to have the tires removed.Thanks...Bob"

Then on Saturday 5/20 (ONE DAY after he was supposed to give me a price for shipping them) I happen log into paypal and see that Bob sent me a refund, saying the shop damaged the wheels and that he has to cancel the transaction. (paypal does not send a separate email on a FF refund being processed)

I write him 5/20/17 to explain i have no problem with the wheels having been damaged, as they need to be restored anyway. I was not expecting new wheels.

He writes back 5/21/17 it will have to wait as he put in an insurance claim.

I reply within minutes that that is no problem, i am not in a rush. I will resend payment through paypal.

Then he replies that it is out of his hands and the deal is over. This also Sunday 5/21/17.

I PAID for the wheels, they are technically my wheels at this point. So I get "curious" and ask Bob to send me a couple of pictures of the damages. I get no pictures, just 'they were damaged'

My reply to this 5/21/17:

Bob,

Again, I will send them to my wheel restorer so they will be ‘new’ when he is done with them. Send me a pic of the damage please. I paid for them so they are my wheels.

His reply on 5/21/17: "You waited to long, you should have said something a few days ago.It is out of my hands now. Take care...B.C.."

HE WAS SUPPOSED TO SEND ME A price for shipping the wheels 2 days before!

Instead he sent me a refund 5/18 without giving me a heads up on what was going on. I have a strong suspicion the 'other guy' offered him more money but have no proof.

Buyer beware with this Samba user, not a man of his word. A deal is a deal, and at least give me a chance to see the damage and say 'ok I see the damage and yes or no do i still want them'. I did NOT ASK to get the tires removed, he offered to do this and then backs out of the deal.

Last edited by JulesD on Tue May 23, 2017 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: