Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

M&T Mfg. Floor Pans
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: M&T Mfg. Floor Pans Reply with quote

Has anyone used the 18 gauge pans from them? I messed up so many times on the current ones that I'm just going to redo them again I think. I want to know what they're like since I can save shipping on them by going to pick them up.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
beetlenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: M&T Mfg. Floor Pans Reply with quote

I used their 18 gauge rear and front quarter pans, and found them to be the beefiest pans I worked with. I have bought a lot of parts from M&T since I live in the same city. Make sure you arrange pick-up ahead of time, Kevin the owner, is kind of funny about showing up in person since they're basically a mail order business.
... I spend more time shaking it than directing it?! I get a pretty decent blast for 8sec. then have to shake it again.
- Words to live by right there!

My 74 Super rebuild thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6507104#6507104
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: M&T Mfg. Floor Pans Reply with quote

There are only 2 or 3 companies who make floor pans, and all are good.

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - Project car for sale
1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible (Body off restoration)

Timing is everything
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: M&T Mfg. Floor Pans Reply with quote

Alright it sounds promising.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: M&T Mfg. Floor Pans Reply with quote

beetlenut do you have any photos?
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
beetlenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: M&T Mfg. Floor Pans Reply with quote

CiderGuy wrote:
There are only 2 or 3 companies who make floor pans, and all are good.

What?! Dansk and Zito are cheap 22 gauge bad stampings that fit like shit! If you can find the Gray 18 gauge or the green Klassic Fab ones from Europe, they are much better stampings and thicker.
... I spend more time shaking it than directing it?! I get a pretty decent blast for 8sec. then have to shake it again.

My 74 Super rebuild thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6507104#6507104

Last edited by beetlenut on Fri May 26, 2017 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
beetlenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: M&T Mfg. Floor Pans Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
beetlenut do you have any photos?

Not of the quarter pan before installation. In the below photo, the good 18 gauge floor pan section that M & T sells, is the rear passenger one where the battery sits. You can see the extra stiffening ribs below the battery. The red front drivers side quarter pan was from someone else and was not as thick.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: M&T Mfg. Floor Pans Reply with quote

Ok,cool. I think I'll pick some up when I get the money. My pans are bad now with all the hammering I've done to them and the misalignment of the cross brace. I'll just do this the right way this time. It shouldn't be long before I have the money for them.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: