Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

You mean like a certain rail sitting on a blazer frame that keeps popping up on Craigslist ?
VolkFanJefe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

Such a badd ass Build.... Nice work!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the nice comments Very Happy ...I will not be back until March...I already miss not working on my toy...a lot of my fans in the beginning were sad to see that I cut off the front end, but it was full of rust and extremely heavy. ..I located a one piece fiberglass front end and although it fit OK, it would need to have a lot of mods done to it to look right. ..so I ordered a new front skin replacement for a '68 Fiat 500, this year didn't have a hole in the skin. ..that hole was to hide the horn behind a trim piece. ..I also ordered 4 rear stock fenders for a 68-72 bug...the gentleman who is doing the metal work on the car requested 4 rear fenders. ..so there won't be any fiberglass on this car other than the sun visor that my buddy gave to me...so, to those who wanted to keep the original front end will be happy to know that it will return but with a custom extended one piece tilting front end nose piece.

VeeWeeman Cool
pullstart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

sweeeeet

my build page: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=662104&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

pullstart wrote:
sweeeeet

I know you say sweeeet...but the guy who is doing the custom work is saying "cha-chinnng"
pullstart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it was cbeck that taught me this, but it's easy for us to spend your money!

my build page: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=662104&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

Sure you guys can spend my money Laughing Laughing ...in the end it will still be MINE!! Laughing Laughing

So I was talking with my engine builder (I know you're reading this Juan Laughing )...I was going to build a 2180 but yesterday I decided to go another 2mm and go with a 84 stroker for a 2234cc and believe I want the Engle 110 cam...I'm pulling a 33" tire and will need all the torque I can muster up...I'll be using the shortest rod possible and maybe advance the cam timing 3-4 degrees...this engine will not see anything over 5k rpm.

I'm getting excited about finally getting close to driving this monster Very Happy
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

I think the back shocks are so huge because this is going to be dancing on its hind legs to impress the slack-jawed onlookers!!! Keep that fuel cell full on this wheelie machine!!! Totally the stuff of imagination. Fantastic. Post the Monster Truck Tour you hook up with and I'll be sure to get the kiddos some tickets. Mind... Blown. Cool
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

Buggeee wrote:
I think the back shocks are so huge because this is going to be dancing on its hind legs to impress the slack-jawed onlookers!!! Keep that fuel cell full on this wheelie machine!!! Totally the stuff of imagination. Fantastic. Post the Monster Truck Tour you hook up with and I'll be sure to get the kiddos some tickets. Mind... Blown. Cool

Thanks for the words of encouragement Buggeee...I'm always trying to think outside the box. ..those rear shocks are 36"s long, made for 18"s of wheel travel...I believe that the real travel will be closer to 14"s...the only reason the fuel cell was relocated to the front was I actually screwed up the dimensions on the fuel cell frame, otherwise the fuel cell would be over the trans...I needed some weight over the front tires anyway. ..the front shocks are 24"s for a full 12"s of travel...since I'm adding 200lbs over the front end I will have to get some new upper springs. ..as they are set up right now, lowers are 150lb, uppers are 80lb springs. ..I think I'll increase the upper spring to a 120lb, maybe 140lb spring. ..right now they are too soft for the additional weight. ..those shocks came of my street legal rail car.
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

Just stumbled onto this thread and saw you're in NPR. I'm just down the road in Odessa (Pasco side) and am big in the buggy world around here. I'd love to meet you and check out your project or just talk buggies. PM me if you're interested.
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

Okay!....let the excitement begin. ..I told you that I was going to keep the Fiat front end, so here is a peek at it while I'm still on the road. ..the metal craftsman doing the work sent me some photos so I will share this one with you Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

More pics will be coming so enjoy!
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

Okay, one more. ..

A lot more to go but I think you guys have an idea, right?

VeeWeeman Cool
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

I hope he does a better job of hiding the vice grips Very Happy
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:
I hope he does a better job of hiding the vice grips Very Happy

OK cbeck, so you noticed the vice grips but didn't notice the bungee cord holding up the steering column. ...dude, your getting old Laughing Wink
heywebonya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

Loving the front! Suh-weet
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

In my opinion. ...very Jeep like Twisted Evil
database00
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

I like unique. Don't see many like that.
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

Sharing time Very Happy
Courtesy of Bob Grant

Wheel opening enlarged for the bigger tires

Not much left of the Fiat's rear end Shocked

Test fitting a rear fender

I bought 4 new 68-72 rear fenders 2 lefts and 2 rights
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

More sharing pix Very Happy

Bob is quite the metal craftsman

Not much left of my quarter panel

Inthe process of enlarging the wheel opening

One fender tacked on

Funny Laughing ...you can see the bumper slot in the fender Laughing
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: I couldn't help myself...my story...the tiny "Flea" Reply with quote

Some side views of the nose panel. ..Bob said that he laid it back a little to flow with the shock towers. ...I think he is right, cuz it looks so frick'n sweet! Twisted Evil

Looks like I'll have some good approach angle Very Happy
These are all the pics that he has sent me so far, thanks Bob!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: