Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mistaken for someone famous
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

A few years ago I was told I looked like David Elliot, lead actor on the 90's show JAG.
I also have walked into a bar one time and the guy behind the piano said, "Hey it's Garrison Keillor!"

I can see some similarities in both people.
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

I was taken for John Corbett (while he was on Northern Exposure) sometimes.

Later as my hair grayed and had glasses I got told I looked liked Richard Gere often.
The most fun i had with it was coming out of a store in Stamford Ct with a newspaper, some guy approached, called me Mr. Gere, gushed over how much he enjoyed my work and how my roles had matured. I listened and thanked him politely, told him I had really enjoyed working with Julia Roberts. Wished him well, and walked off.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

Bob Loblaw wrote:
iowegian wrote:
I am often times mistaken for someone who gives a damn.

Not around here, surely.

.........and don't call me Shirley.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:
iowegian wrote:

Not around here, surely.

You seem more like a Gertrude or a Rhoda. Laughing

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

rhoda...I rhoda electrick riding mower last week Shocked but I have never rhoda Gertrude.Shirley...possiably. I was also once mistaken for a lumberjack...then a few years lator it happened again!!! so I said yup just passing through,Im a lumberjack off on vacation Shocked Rolling Eyes . the bad part about it was I knew the guy but hadent seen him for about 6 months, in witch i had grown a good beard( it was winter by then) and he had a few drinks.he never did figure out it was me.all winter long ,shooten pool on the weekend at the same bar, with all our friends. ( you cant fix stupid Wink )
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

So there's Mark masquerading as a lumberjack and playing pocket pool. You have a vivid imagination Very Happy and then I was thinking of the old Monty Python skit and the lumberjack song. You know the words? If not it's just a google away. Do you press wild flowers?
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:
iowegian wrote:

Not around here, surely.

Perfect set-up, excellent execution.

It was good working with you.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

no flower press, And Ill leave the pocket pool to you... the ex~spurt with the countdown...4......3.....2.....boom!!! Shocked Rolling Eyes
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
no flower press, And Ill leave the pocket pool to you... the ex~spurt with the countdown...4......3.....2.....boom!!! Shocked Rolling Eyes

Tucker, usually I can figure out what you are attempting to communicate, but this time I am stumped.
EDIT: Now I think I know---------you were belatedly responding to Zund's post of last Thursday.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
mark tucker wrote:

Tucker, usually I can figure out what you are attempting to communicate, but this time I am stumped.
EDIT: Now I think I know---------you were belatedly responding to Zund's post of last Thursday.

He's a good sport and he sleeps all night and he works all day. Very Happy
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
iowegian wrote:
mark tucker wrote:

thats why Im always belated.all in good fun. although i wish I could sleep all night....atleast 1 time this year.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
iowegian wrote:
mark tucker wrote:

thats why Im always belated.all in good fun. although i wish I could sleep all night....atleast 1 time this year.

Here ya go, Mark. Glad that I could help.
https://www.mypillow.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_...20Keywords
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

Back in '83 my girlfriend at the time looked just like Brooke Shields ( I mean scary close). So we rented a Limo ( I dressed as her body guard, 6'6" 270 ) and went the local, high dollar, golf course/country club where she lived it up/signed autographs/ chatted with fans... and charged a $200 bill to a room number. Even signed the limo drivers hat as he drove us back to the airport (where my 64 VW Bus was stashed). Got away with it, she was so confident it was unreal.
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

At least 10 years ago, I was on the sidewalk ready to enter a store when some early 20s guy in a group of three came out of the store and said to me as he passed, "Dick Cheney." I probably muttered to myself, "Idiot!", after he was out of ear shot.

Do you think my avatar reminds you of Dick Cheney? I have way more hair than he does.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

Randall wrote:
At least 10 years ago, I was on the sidewalk ready to enter a store when some early 20s guy in a group of three came out of the store and said to me as he passed, "Dick Cheney." I probably muttered to myself, "Idiot!", after he was out of ear shot.

Do you think my avatar reminds you of Dick Cheney? I have way more hair than he does.

Trade the wrench for a shotgun and you're indistinguishable.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
Randall wrote:

Trade the wrench for a shotgun and you're indistinguishable.
thats possibly the best thing Ive ever read you say!!!!dam that was good!!!!

as for the guy selling $100 pillows....not a chance. unless he wants to come by and buy my oak trees from me for $5000. their big.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

Randall wrote:

That's great just don't shoot your buddy in the face like Dick.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

About 10 years ago I was at an air show looking at a B-17 when an elderly man told me I looked like Karl Rove, without hesitation I told the old man " That guy needs to be in prison" .... Old man got a weird look on his face and toddled off. Very Happy I think it's a bad idea to reference political or religious figures with strangers. Just my opinion. Unless of course you don't give a fuck and are trying to get someone mad, then its fun. Speaking of fun try this

Next time you are in an adult venue quickly and loudly call out " Hey asshole"
You'd be amazed at how many people answer to that name. Very Happy
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Randall wrote:

That's great just don't shoot your buddy in the face like Dick.
that could be a stickey situation.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken for someone famous Reply with quote

I get Bruce Willis, that dude that was on american idol Chris Daughtryand most recently Billy Joel. and a green mango Wink
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: