Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

old & decrepid aging thread.
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

I spent most of yesterday digging & moving azaleas, big ones in my yard.so first thing this am I had to...manage to get to my computer to see the celebrity death watch thread to see if I was listed...( no I aint no clebrity execpt to the spellen police).... I thought I might of woke up dead...I feel like it. too much raidiation can tend to do that to ya.no not retardation,that wood possiably be a blessing. I did however figure out a slightly eazer wat to do it than the one I did last month.
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
I spent most of yesterday digging & moving azaleas, ...

... ( no I aint no clebrity execpt to the spellen police

I am amazed that you spelled "azaleas" correctly. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

Luck
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

Randall wrote:
mark tucker wrote:
I spent most of yesterday digging & moving azaleas, ...
... ( no I aint no clebrity execpt to the spellen police

I am amazed that you spelled "azaleas" correctly. Laughing

No, that's just the person masquerading as "Mark Tucker" who screwed up and spelled something correctly.

If "Mark" is not really "Mark", then who might it be? EB messing with the minds of the members? Hmmmmmmm.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

yup the spennen policia are alive and well!!!
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

Oh I'm just lovin' the whole good days/bad days trip. Blurry eye sight, vertigo, stiff joints, make a list for everything and try not to lose it. And....trying to hire young people to do the shit you can't/don't want to do. Otherwise its OK.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

it seems many young people cant do what we can do...I cant make a list.....I might get skeered if I read it...
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

I was under the sink the other day doing some plumbing and kept hearing this odd, high pitched, squeaking sound. It was rhythmic and consistent. It took me a while to realize it was my fat ass all scrunched up under a sink and wheezing like an ancient bellow.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

Why do I always read this type of stuff^ when I'm eating?! haha
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

my dad weezed like heck, drove me nuts. I didnt want to get like that and my back is so effed up(from dr's.. mostly.and running a machine shop for...long time) so I went on a diet and lost 40lbs, got down to 190....then the youngest kid totaled her car,called me from the side of the road with her face hanging off....put on 35 lbs pretty quick...now back down to around 195~198....dont realy feal any better than when I was big(still big just not much of any fat left,always had big legs from dirtbike racing, and those muscles do weigh more than fat) I would like to get down to 185, but I dont think it's possiable without loosing a lot of muscle. Ive been working behind the washing machine this last week and thats where the lost weight realy helps. I decided to loose it when i booked my tickets to switzerland/italy in oct last year.so in the 18th of dec I was down to 199 when I boarded the plane. I have 1 issue.I love to eat good food. no junk, good food. italy was awesome as was all the cheezze in switzerland!!!!!and when I got home...199 Shocked mountain climbing& hiking!!! and must of walked 20 miles a day in Milan. wish i lived there.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

I'm almost 64 and over the past couple of years I've started doing several things that have significantly improved my day to day mobility:

1. I've been going to a chiropractor once a month for "adjustment" after a six-month period of intensive chiropractic treatment and physical therapy for a weak spinal disk. I'm now approaching two years without the kind of back pain attacks that would leave me flat on my back, unable to get up, for days at a time.

2. I've been doing stretches every day for a heel spur, and wearing orthotic insoles, to avoid serious heel pain while walking. The bone spur is still there, but I have no pain.

3. I work out my arms for a couple of minutes a day with two 5 pound weights. It has made a significant difference in my ability to exert force with my arms, such as to open heavy garage doors and carry heavy objects.

My objective is to embrace the aging without medicines and drugs as much as possible. My wife and I went to Peru a couple of months ago and I was able to manage the high altitude and the climb to Macchu Picchu with a bit of heavy breathing but no adverse health effects.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

chriopractor....thats funny...my back is all screwed up, been going for too long. my daughter decided to become one ( I thought to help me out)...well she did it!!! and opened up a practice...2 states away..got married( to another chriopractor, they opened thier place to geather) has 2 kids now,does accupunture and all kinds of stuff...didnt seem to help with my back..cant figure out why Shocked .. yup they can help if done correctly and not over adjusted. most nowdays just want to adjust your bank account/insurance. thats rong and dangerous. and many dont listen or know what there really doing. just going through the motions. ( kind of a one size fits all thing I reckon). Im doing much better since I decided to go to italy/switzerland last year, but still hurt like hell.that will go away when Im dead. the mountain climbing was awesome!!!!as was the food..lotsa food. I do agree with you, keep in motion and work out regulary, and the shoe thingys are a must. the shoes made these days are made in china. they are made to eff up out feet so we cant ever attack them....it worked, much of us are unable to go much farther than the bathroom during a commercial or get a beer...(thats if nobody else is there to get it for us)( I dont drink) as for the drugs I dont do them either,I cant tollarate the sideaffects. so pain is my buddy/companion.always there, never late. Ive learned to just keep going. kinda like the candy/cookie/donut/icream isles, I walk down them every week and look and remember what it tasted like then say see you next week!!!! Im not the "addictable type" or controled by any of that stuff like somany are.. most of my issues are toomuch radiation and moron dr's..yes thats radiation not retardation Shocked Im 56...I think.I hope to make it to 64 and beyond...I think. so keep on going and do what ever you want to do.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

mowed the grass today...the wife aint gonna like it.....good grass going to seed.so....mow the bad grass with bag, the mow the good grass without a bag..and leave some unmowed with lotsa seeds justincase. Wink
on another note as Im sitten hear Im watching some outdoor through the woods dirtbike racing in SC.....dam I wish i could still do that Shocked , it's been about 5 years since I rode my yz 250. I got a new works pipe and ..I think the company had sold out to a china company (DG) as the pipe dont fit for shit, and dosent even have the land in the head joint for a gadget!!! so..I need to cut the new expensive pipe apart and rebuild it...heck you would think it was VW parts Wink someday Ill go for a ride...4 wheeler hasent been out either..getten old sucks.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
mowed the grass today...the wife aint gonna like it.....good grass going to seed.so....mow the bad grass with bag, the mow the good grass without a bag..and leave some unmowed with lotsa seeds justincase. Wink
on another note as Im sitten hear Im watching some outdoor through the woods dirtbike racing in SC.....dam I wish i could still do that Shocked , it's been about 5 years since I rode my yz 250. I got a new works pipe and ..I think the company had sold out to a china company (DG) as the pipe dont fit for shit, and dosent even have the land in the head joint for a gadget!!! so..I need to cut the new expensive pipe apart and rebuild it...heck you would think it was VW parts Wink someday Ill go for a ride...4 wheeler hasent been out either..getten old sucks.

Just when I was at a point where I could usually figure out what you are trying to tell us, you went and had another relapse. Crying or Very sad
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

I'll take a stab at translation.

"I mowed the grass today, but only parts of it before I got tired and went inside to watch TV, I'm telling my wife I'm letting the desireable grass go to seed hoping she thinks I'm smart like a farmer and leaving it improves the lawn. While watching TV I saw a dirt bike race and it reminded me of a bike I once had and took apart to install a new exhaust pipe on, the new pipe wouldn't fit easily so I went inside and watched TV, it's been many years now and the bike is still in pieces."

How's that?, do I win a prize!? Razz

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:

"I mowed the grass today, but only parts of it before I got tired and went inside to watch TV, I'm telling my wife I'm letting the desireable grass go to seed hoping she thinks I'm smart like a farmer and leaving it improves the lawn. While watching TV I saw a dirt bike race and it reminded me of a bike I once had and took apart to install a new exhaust pipe on, the new pipe wouldn't fit easily so I went inside and watched TV, it's been many years now and the bike is still in pieces."

You must have a Translator App. for your smartphone. Laughing
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

Shocked , no prize, there is only about 4 strips of grass about 8" wide each Wink in the aeras where it needs to grow more of the centipede into the st augustine witch dosent like it where it is, so Im trying to do the entire yard in centipede ,it's about half&half now with the bermuda in some spots/aera's, that shit will grow anywhere, just look at the dollar shave club/bosley transplant commercials., but it's not what i want. also the centiped will tolerate the dirtbike better when I get back on it.( st augustine dosent like dirrt bikes at all.) I do however like the translation....and it has happened befor like that...but not this tyme. when I was younger...not long ago. I used to mow my and my moms yard across town in figure 8 paatterns and other patterns,some like racetracks(roadcorses). she didnt know what to think about it( I think she did but...atleast i was mowing the grass) the way I see it if you gotta do something you realy dont want to do...and it's hot as heck...your gonna get all nasty & stink...you might as well have fun doing it....be nice to do it on a riding mower some time Shocked
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
busdaddy wrote:

You must have a Translator App. for your smartphone. Laughing

Mowed part of back yard today.. its a small yard.. had to give up the gas mower after storm.. got a electric mower for 20 bucks at a yard sale.. i love it.. no more yanking on a pull cord.. I use to be wore out before mower would crank .. sucks getting old.. big time..
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

I got a electrick riding mower.......still working on getting it to mow& steer .then Ill have to make a bag for it...
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: old & decrepid aging thread. Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
I got a electrick riding mower.......still working on getting it to mow& steer .then Ill have to make a bag for it...
lol damn ain't you fancy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: