Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Canister air filter
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Canister air filter Reply with quote

I'm seeing dirt issues running K&N filters and I've got too much time and money in this motor to fool around.
1965cc, dual 40 IDF, in a street rail that sometimes gets driven on dusty roads. I have a set of CB Sand System air boxes coming, but I need to get an air cleaner setup. I'm thinking a canister filter, like a Donaldson unit.
Anyone running one, and what pitfalls can you keep me out of?
Looking at sizing and I get around 165cfm required. I bumped that to 240 just to ensure good flow.
Educate me.
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Krochus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Canister air filter Reply with quote

I don't know about canister but I'm working right now to find a suitable paper element filter for the supplied filters on the EMPI hpmx40 kits. This combined with an outerwear should be vastly superior to a k&n which in my experience is little more than a screen to keep the big chunks out.
buggnuttz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Canister air filter Reply with quote

biggest problem people have with K&N air filters is not proper oiling . All I use on my vehicles are K&N air filters lots of dust/dirt on outside no dirt of any kind inside. Been that way for over thirty five years
vwkirb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Canister air filter Reply with quote

Look into R2C filters.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: