Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BMW wheels
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
burner208
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: BMW wheels Reply with quote

Years ago when I was in high school I worked at a BMW dealership as my first job. One of my great "finds" was a set of 318i wheels that a customer had ordered and paid for but did not like so he just left them....or so I was told.

They set for a few years before the parts manager decided to toss them in the dumpster still in there boxes. Iirc try were around $1000 a wheel back then new. I've had them for well over a decade and never used them. I believe they are 5x120. Is there an adaptor that I can use or different drums for this size of wheel and would the back space be a issue for a super beetle?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

johnR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: BMW wheels Reply with quote

Those are nice looking wheels.

I don't think you are going to find drums (or rotors) in 5x120. First thing would be to verify that is the bolt pattern. If so, CSP and many others offer blank drums or rotors and you can drill whatever pattern you like. The trick is finding a place that can do that precisely.

Here is what CSP offers in the way of rear drums
https://www.csp-shop.com/en/wheels-brakes/brake-drums/rear-with-modified-pcd/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
luckystiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: BMW wheels Reply with quote

I've seen several sets of drums/rotors sold in the classifieds here over the years in 5x120 so blanks drilled to that should be no problem. and it's a popular pattern so prett healthy amount of wheels available in that pattern later.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: