Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Unnamed 68 Panel Bus project
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KollynnBlackpaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Unnamed 68 Panel Bus project Reply with quote

Uhhhg - one step forward two steps back. Sounds like the throwout bearing has gone. Hitting the clutch or coasting when driving gives me some loud groans. We're seeing about getting it fixed tomorrow or something, but this bus is just so infuriating. Still love her!
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Unnamed 68 Panel Bus project Reply with quote

KollynnBlackpaw wrote:
Spike0180 wrote:

When tightening the belt, make sure to tighten it, turn it over a time or two then re-torque. do this a few times. I have a crappy aftermarket alternator so I use my Impact drill Rolling Eyes it works great.

Hm, I have an impact drill, too! Twisted Evil Maybe we'll try that today!

Don't break anything. And if you do, it wasn't my suggestion lol
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KollynnBlackpaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Unnamed 68 Panel Bus project Reply with quote

Got the replacement bearing, going in tomorrow, but I've also gotten quite an offer for my bus +1500. Anyone want to take guesses what it is? I'll give a hint.

I definitely cannot afford, or find, parts for it. And it's a VW.
KollynnBlackpaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Unnamed 68 Panel Bus project Reply with quote

So - not the bearing. Worrying. She starts again but same as prior to installing new bearing, you get a groan on clutch or at higher revs. Uhg....
KollynnBlackpaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Unnamed 68 Panel Bus project Reply with quote

Alright - trans sound is gone. Took some driving around to get the sound to disappear. Still not sure if the charging system is quite working, might also be the battery.

After I pick up this next squareback I'm going to get a carpet kit for it, and possibly front upholstery. I'm going back to the original upholstery, the blue.
KollynnBlackpaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Unnamed 68 Panel Bus project Reply with quote

And now the clutch sounds to have gone out. Gah. Can't be bothered with her right now. I just picked up my new square, however, and am very excited. Check out my topics to go see!

She's up for sale now, we'll see if anyone grabs her or not.
KollynnBlackpaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Unnamed 68 Panel Bus project Reply with quote

It's official - the bus has left the building. Good riddance!
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Unnamed 68 Panel Bus project Reply with quote

It has left the building in muuuuch better shape than when it entered.
You did some very good work to it. Take pride in that.

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KollynnBlackpaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Unnamed 68 Panel Bus project Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
It has left the building in muuuuch better shape than when it entered.
You did some very good work to it. Take pride in that.

Thank you, I do appreciate it. I will miss it but it was becoming a money pit, and I just don't have money to feed it to break the curse that's on it. Plus the kid let me keep my 600$ tires!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: