Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New to the Karmann Ghia side of the family....
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gibber!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: New to the Karmann Ghia side of the family.... Reply with quote

I consider myself to be well seasoned when it comes to owning and restoring Bugs and I have always admired and had a fondness for the Karmann Ghia but had no experience in sitting in one let alone working or in fact owning one.
After missing out on purchasing a (good) project Porsche 912 12 months ago, my wife and I agreed that a Ghia might be a better and more affordable step outside of the Type 1 box, and so after putting the feelers out and then seeing this 1970 for sale we stepped up to the plate.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
helowrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the Karmann Ghia side of the family.... Reply with quote

You are still in the Type 1 plate, just a variant. Kinda like having a vert bug....

That is a good looking Ghia.
Rob
73 914 1.7
12 Passat 2.5 Highway cruiser
crocteau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: New to the Karmann Ghia side of the family.... Reply with quote

Gibber! wrote:
...my wife and I agreed...
Marital harmony is good Wink Ghia looks good. I'm curious about what appears to be a hole under each front turn signal just above the bumper, or are my eyes deceiving me?
auto_vagabond
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: New to the Karmann Ghia side of the family.... Reply with quote

Niiice and clean. Congrats to you guys on what looks to be a solid purchase. What's your plans with her?
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the Karmann Ghia side of the family.... Reply with quote

crocteau wrote:
Gibber! wrote:
...my wife and I agreed...
Marital harmony is good Wink Ghia looks good. I'm curious about what appears to be a hole under each front turn signal just above the bumper, or are my eyes deceiving me?

That's where the machine gun barrels come out when the road rage bug bites you.
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the Karmann Ghia side of the family.... Reply with quote

You know a 912 motor will slip right in there with just modifying the exhaust, heater system, throttle cable and removing the air cleaner bracket, so you will almost have your Porsche.
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the Karmann Ghia side of the family.... Reply with quote

nice looking find... what are the specs?? mtr, front end etc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: