Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Just bought Mexican Watercooled Bus... lot of issues!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Just bought Mexican Watercooled Bus... lot of issues! Reply with quote

andrewtf wrote:
Hey, stop over for a Carta Blanca, and maybe Sven and I can help you out...... Emma will fetch the beers.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Oooooooo! I can see Emma's face from here, registering outrage of being labeled the "beer fetcher". By now, I'm sure she's knowledgable about ACVW's, and may surprise you. After a full year on the road, living in a VW bus, she has become quite the troubleshooter, I'm betting.

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Just bought Mexican Watercooled Bus... lot of issues! Reply with quote

Yes sir,
I stand corrected. It will most likely be me fetching beers for Emma, Sven and Bruno as I will definitely be the most novice of the group.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GoBigEmma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Just bought Mexican Watercooled Bus... lot of issues! Reply with quote

Hey Bruno, awesome to see you found your way here!

I don't know how much it helps since the Mexi bus is very different from ours in some regards, but I can definitely lend you our owner's manual for some time while we're in town.

Sven
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
timvw7476
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Just bought Mexican Watercooled Bus... lot of issues! Reply with quote

gailorbot wrote:
Thanks all for answer, I'll keep original post updated as long as I make progress, right now cannot move on because it's with a guy changing the floor which has a bit of rust, but from tomorrow i should have one more week I can dedicate to fix these problems and make an inside (really optimistic yeah...) before taking road again. Still some questions like how to drain water that must be really simple but I donīt find any drain screw ahah.

With the 1.8 8 valves, it was/is the lower radiator hose & the thermostat
cap at the bottom of the water pump, two 10mm bolts there, messy drain but
oh so reliable.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: