Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics??
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics?? Reply with quote

A while back a split beetle was sold on the web site bring a trailer. It was painted white with house paint and had lettering on it that said "The Ice House"??

Please tell me who owns it. Some guy is trying to sell it to me and I know he does not own it?? Would love the catch the guy somehow!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics?? Reply with quote

Well that car belongs to Bob & his sons Embarassed

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
vdubinit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics?? Reply with quote

I almost was the new owner lol with 5 seconds to go I placed a bid and it wasn't enough time to process . oh well I'm happing with the 50 ragtop I ended up buying.
sweden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics?? Reply with quote

This car was for sale in Spain july 2016.
I mailed with him but i know he was not the owner i just played with him to get as much information as possible.

He registred a homepage and sad that the car was on way from US to Spain in 2 week.
He want me to pay half of the car before it arrived if i want to buy it.

Hi,
The Volkswagen Beetle is imported from USA and will be in Europe in two weeks in Malaga Port.
We have a restoration workshop in Spain
I send you some photos to see the condition of car
The price is € 9.500 including customs taxes
Will arrive with US title
In case you want to buy 100% please call or e-mail me to arrange all details
+34665936499

I talk spanish and english
Thanks
George

--

DDG-CLASSIC-CARS
www.ddg-classic-cars.com
Calle Edison 63
29680 Estepona/Málaga, Spain

Phone: +34665936499

Best regards Patrik
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics?? Reply with quote

Does anyone know who owns this split beetle right now with "ICE" logo on it??
I would like to know if it might be for sale?? Tim [email protected]
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics?? Reply with quote

You say in your 1st posting: Some guy is trying to sell it to me and I know he does not own it?? What makes you so sure that he doesn't own it? Are we talking about the later 'seller', said to be based in Spain?

Per chance, I have a place in Spain, not a million miles from this industrial estate, which I know well enough, and have one or two contacts there, including a knowledgable VW trade person, who seems to know most things VW that go on in the area.

When out there at the begining of March, I'll call on him and ask if he has ever heard of George & DDG Classic Cars. At 9,500 Euros the car, although seemingly in need of work, sounded cheap, and has the hallmarks of a scam.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics?? Reply with quote

I always thought this car was in the USA? So I was skeptical that all at once I was being offered it from a guy in Spain. Somebody on the Samba knows where this car is?
Joe Leroux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics?? Reply with quote

Here is more info on the car at the time of bidding https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=644617&highlight=ice
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sweden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics?? Reply with quote

Martin Southwell wrote:
You say in your 1st posting: Some guy is trying to sell it to me and I know he does not own it?? What makes you so sure that he doesn't own it? Are we talking about the later 'seller', said to be based in Spain?

Per chance, I have a place in Spain, not a million miles from this industrial estate, which I know well enough, and have one or two contacts there, including a knowledgable VW trade person, who seems to know most things VW that go on in the area.

When out there at the begining of March, I'll call on him and ask if he has ever heard of George & DDG Classic Cars. At 9,500 Euros the car, although seemingly in need of work, sounded cheap, and has the hallmarks of a scam.

The advert in Spain was scam advertising. He have no car he only wants you money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics?? Reply with quote

sweden wrote:
Martin Southwell wrote:

The advert in Spain was scam advertising. He have no car he only wants you money.

Assuming it was a scam, the guy did some homework to make it sound more convincing. There is a classic restoration shop at that address, but it has a different name. https://www.coast-classics.com/

They have youtube videos going back to 2016, so look like they'd have been at that address when that guy claimed to be.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sweden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics?? Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
sweden wrote:
Martin Southwell wrote:

Assuming it was a scam, the guy did some homework to make it sound more convincing. There is a classic restoration shop at that address, but it has a different name. https://www.coast-classics.com/

They have youtube videos going back to 2016, so look like they'd have been at that address when that guy claimed to be.

The spanish company you write about has nothing to do with this scam. Only same street adress! They are a reall company.

The one i write aboute have laid down more jobs that regular scamers usually do. He did registered a website www.ddg-classic-cars.com. He copied a hole webpage from a known serios car company in the UK http://ddclassics.com they sell Ferrari and others expensive cars still today. He only change the street adress to the spanish car company you write abute. This was all in 2016 but i still have all mail and other stuff from the scamer. There was two strange things that made me to use google at that time. I found exacly same homepage but in UK. Soo i mailed them and asked if they had anything to do with the company in Spain as the homepage and web adress was very similar. The answer I got was this:
Hi Patrik, no! Do not buy a car from them. They have cloned our old website and none of the stock they advertise exists. Please report them to the police. We have and yet the site is still up.
Regards

Jeremy Jaffé
Marketing
DD Classics
http://ddclassics.com

Soo i know that this VW sale in Spain 2016 was only a scam advert. But i don´t know how is the real owner today of the car.
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Who owns "The Ice House split" with graphics?? Reply with quote

I am still asking if anyone knows who bought this split beetle with the "Ice House" logo on it? I might be willing to buy it and restore it the way it was? Anyone know?? Tim
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: