Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

Photos are up!

Facebook users can check them out here. Please TAG yourselves & your friends, and Share!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.16452669...31f2ddcb16

Non-Facebook folks can check them out here: https://www.ericarnoldphotography.com/volkstock-2017/

Thanks!
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

Funkey wrote:

Any of you that have suggestions on how we can improve please PM me so we can discuss it for our next show in 2018. We are always listening!

Thanks,
Nathaniel Fraley

Funkey - you need a daily admission rate, $20 general admission might be fine for the entire weekend, somewhat high for a single day. I suggest $10.

Funkey - you need a daily admission rate, $20 general admission might be fine for the entire weekend, somewhat high for a single day. I suggest $10.

1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

You can say ^^^THAT^^^ again! Laughing
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing a sign at the entry gate with the rates - I would have a big sign there.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

I have to tag on to Mr. Cusser with the;
you need a daily admission rate, $20 general admission might be fine for the entire weekend, somewhat high for a single day. I suggest $10. Make the difference up on the overnighters, say by five more dollars applied to them as they will use the facilities more.
Not sure if you want non VW spectators like you had at the Peoria Park.
Would have been nice to know what classes if any car show classes there were for the car show entries. Just saw an individual going around telling selected vehicle owners to line up as they won. Some were called by first name.
Park the vehicles so that an emergency vehicle may get to the scene of an incident if there happens to be one. Numerous of us were pinned in and no way possible for the emergency could get close. Safety was an after thought and should be seriously considered.
To save a few more dollars, skip the bands throughout the day and have a day light DJ and night time band(s).
Give me a few more days as I may have a few more suggestions.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

Volkstock - you may have done OK financially with the 2017 general admission pricing - but don't get too cocky right now and assume that all those - and more - will re-attend in 2018.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Funkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Not sure who goes to Bugarama but the pricing is exactly like ours, but Volkstock last for 2 days and offers live music and a festival feel. The $20 entrance fee is really for the day of the event (Saturday).

What we will work on for next year is how we manage the entrance into Volkstock, camping, swap, and our events for Friday. Pricing will not change as we are doing everything we can to break even. Putting on a show like this and at this venue cost a lot of money. Again we got a huge amount of people that came to the show saying how much they enjoyed Volkstock and can't wait to come again in 2018.

You can expect big things next year at Volkstock. Now that we have the first year under our belt at this new venue we will continue to make good improvements so your experience is better each year!

For questions or concerns please contact us at [email protected]
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

Funkey wrote:
Not sure who goes to Bugarama but the pricing is exactly like ours.

Want to guess why I haven't attended the Bug-O-Rama in over 20 years????

Funkey wrote:
The admission cost?

Oh - you "guessed" right !!!
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Funkey wrote:
Not sure who goes to Bugarama but the pricing is exactly like ours.

Want to guess why I haven't attended the Bug-O-Rama in over 20 years????

Funkey wrote:
The admission cost?

Oh - you "guessed" right !!!

Jeez Cusser! I think we're understanding your don't like the admission fee?!?! Laughing And they say VW folks are cheap! So unfair!! Laughing

The bug-o-rama is $20 bucks and has been that fee for years. I go to it each year because it has an amazing swap meet turnout. It also includes the drag races, car show, etc..

I have no doubt that Volkstock didn't exactly make a "killing" after all the bills were paid. It was a great venue for the show and was clearly popular with the folks that spent the night or weekend there. I'm sure it wasn't cheap to rent out that space. My only disappointment was the swap meet turnout was 1/3 of what the bug-o-rama is.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't like to pay $20 dollars for an entry fee either. But, I don't think it was out of line either for the event, especially if folks spent the day there.

Go to the movies lately? $20 bucks to get in and another $20-30 bucks for popcorn and drinks for 2 hours.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

I better print some more currency ! I'm on a fixed income, remember ! I spent over $2K getting my 1970 VW running within the last year, and some parts came from 2016 Volkstock. I did not buy any parts at 2017 Volkstock.

I might go to the Four Peaks bus show tomorrow in Tempe, $3 admission. And good beer.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

My feedback:
    Love the new venue. The camping looked way more inviting than just camping in the park of the old location.
    Plenty of food vendors to choose from, great selection. The carne asada quesadilla was amazing. Wink
    I would flip the layout of the car show part of the event. Put the stage on the South side so the bands are not squinting into the sun all day. Face the cars toward the new orientation of the stage (makes for better photo ops).
    A bit more space between cars would be nice if attendance next year permits

That's about it. I'll be back next year. Cool
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

EZ Gruv wrote:
A bit more space between cars would be nice if attendance next year permits

That would be a good idea, for safety.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

Hey All,
I'm working on my show report, and looking for good quotes to include in the article. If you have anything you'd like to share for possible inclusion in the magazine, you can post it here or email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks
My Photography Page.
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

What magazine will this report be in? Will it include the winners of the car show that took place. Like who voted or judged the cars. What classes in the car show if any. Seemed rather lame. Numerous attendees complained about having to drive from the eastern valley...I looked at them and said how about a couple of hundred miles like I did. Was there even an award for long distance?
Like I mentioned it was geared to the camping crowd and seemed to be the good old boy system.
Do let us know what magazine.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Volkstock! November 10th and 11th 2017, AZ Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
What magazine will this report be in? Will it include the winners of the car show that took place.

What Magazine - Hot VWs
Will it include a list of winners - If the show provides it, yes
My Photography Page.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: