Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1962 Turkis Sunroof Beetle on oldbug.com
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: 1962 Turkis Sunroof Beetle on oldbug.com Reply with quote

I didn't find any discussion here about this car, but if i missed it, Moderators please delete or move this post.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2065142

I think it could easily bring 30k, but I haven't been watching prices on beetles in a long time. Just my guess. Not too many cars out there that are this nice and untouched. One could spend tons of $$ and time on a complete restoration and still not have something as nice as this. What do you guys think?

Last edited by oakman on Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Turkis Sunroof Beetle on oldbug.com Reply with quote

Hard to tell. I saw a really nice 63 sell on Barrett Jackson the other day for $6500.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Turkis Sunroof Beetle on oldbug.com Reply with quote

I didn't realize the auction was on e-bay. Currently at 32k with just under an hour to go.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Turkis Sunroof Beetle on oldbug.com Reply with quote

Bidding ends at $37,100.
overrestored
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Turkis Sunroof Beetle on oldbug.com Reply with quote

I know this beetle... it is probably the nicest unrestored Turkis ragtop in existence.
One cool crazy cat
a yard full of fruit trees
26 chairs for some reason
a crapload of old shoes
a lot of books on history of the Mexican Ranchos
200+ kamax bolts... stacked in rows
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Turkis Sunroof Beetle on oldbug.com Reply with quote

I guess it depends on what you are after... Some want a vehicle in original untouched condition, while others want the refreshened factory new appearance. It mentions the engine had been gone through, wonder what the 55 year old transaxle, and brake system was like? It would be hard pressed to recreate a fully restored vehicle to the level of correctness for $37k.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
overrestored
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Turkis Sunroof Beetle on oldbug.com Reply with quote

Here's a painting of this beetle done by my wife several years ago in the driveway of the previous owner's home in Santa Barbara. (She changed the license number for privacy issues)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
www.cynthiameyerart.com
One cool crazy cat
a yard full of fruit trees
26 chairs for some reason
a crapload of old shoes
a lot of books on history of the Mexican Ranchos
200+ kamax bolts... stacked in rows
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Turkis Sunroof Beetle on oldbug.com Reply with quote

overrestored wrote:
Here's a painting of this beetle done by my wife several years ago in the driveway of the previous owner's home in Santa Barbara. (She changed the license number for privacy issues)
www.cynthiameyerart.com

That is sweet!!
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Turkis Sunroof Beetle on oldbug.com Reply with quote

I was surprised to see a rear roll bar or stabilizer installed on this car. It appears not to be a camber compensator. I suppose it was a dealer option. It's interesting that it uses the frame horns.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: