Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rocker replacement
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
90runner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Rocker replacement Reply with quote

Finally have a little money to start fixing my Thing and I am wondering what would be a reasonable price to have my rockers replaced. I have the parts ready to go but this job is outside my skill set.
KAmes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocker replacement Reply with quote

I don't really know what body shops would charge for that but as a novice that's done it I didn't find it overly difficult. Body work can be expensive but I would think it to be as reasonable as any car. Just ask at your local shops, even if expensive you'll be glad you did it.
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocker replacement Reply with quote

Mine need replacing too. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Rocker replacement Reply with quote

I noticed replacement inner rocker panels are available. Can these be installed with the body on the pan?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KAmes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Rocker replacement Reply with quote

911pickup wrote:
I noticed replacement inner rocker panels are available. Can these be installed with the body on the pan?

Yes, that's what I did. Well, in my case I used the lower half, that's all I needed, and left the upper half intact so as to not disturb the door post structure. I cut out the lower inner rocker from about halfway down, unbolted it from the pan (broke most of the bolts) welded in the new section and then did the outer rocker the same way. Worked out pretty good and I didn't have to disturb parts of it that didn't need fixing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: