Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The end of Human Physical interaction?
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

Yesterday I went to Bank of America, and I was offered to use the ATM or do a phone deposit. To me that sounds kinda dumb, since the teller is squeezing their own noose. If I use the atm or use my phone, I won't need YOUR services dummy! I am all for customer service and I like to deal with people, not machines. This brings to mind the $15 an hour raise for fast food restaurant employees. Wendy's and McDonald's have an answer for that, self service order and checkout and just one employee to deliver the orders.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

How can they take you seriously when you try to give them your "this is a stick up" note.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

Link

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

I get it at the bank, I prefer to speak with a teller then a machine anytime. Now sometime the ATM is all you have. I still do not text either.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

I can't wait till everything is automated. I hate people. I hate dealing with people. I hate when people try and talk to me while I'm in line as if I give two shits about them or anything they have to say. And that video that MrBreeze posted just proved my point. People are fucking stupid.

I love depositing my check by phone from work. No lines, no bs.
I love that I can order stuff on Amazon without having to deal with traffic, people holding up an line returning lip gloss, idiot checker asking if I want to donate to what the fuck ever, etc.
I love that I can buy groceries from Safeway.com and Amazon fresh and not have to wait for some old ass fuck in front of me to pull a check out with nothing written on it despite them being in the store for a hour.
I love that I can pay my rent and 99% of my other bills online.

The ONLY reason I leave my house is to go to work and buy gas. I truley hope that in my lifetime someone creates a business where they'll deliver gas to your location that isn't insanely expensive. Cause I'd more than gladly pay 50 cents or more per gallon for that.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
I can't wait till everything is automated. I hate people. I hate dealing with people. I hate when people try and talk to me while I'm in line as if I give two shits about them or anything they have to say. And that video that MrBreeze posted just proved my point. People are fucking stupid.

I love that I can order stuff on Amazon without having to deal with traffic, people holding up an line returning lip gloss, idiot checker asking if I want to donate to what the fuck ever, etc.
I love that I can buy groceries from Safeway.com and Amazon fresh and not have to wait for some old ass fuck in front of me to pull a check out with nothing written on it despite them being in the store for a hour.

The ONLY reason I leave my house is to go to work and buy gas. I truley hope that in my lifetime someone creates a business where they'll deliver gas to your location that isn't insanely expensive. Cause I'd more than gladly pay 50 cents or more per gallon for that.

So... when should we expect to see your manifesto?

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Cali_Army_Guy wrote:

Probably 6 months after my 5 year old turns 18 and I don't have anyone to support anymore.
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

I fear for the day that is fast approaching when we all look like this
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

I walk in and do my banking in person- every time, same branch, same folks. It is from this relationship I get amazing service when there is a problem, and a great benefit- I've made friends who have a VW and never went to a show or club event. Sunday, they won the top trophy at our show.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:
Cali_Army_Guy wrote:

Probably 6 months after my 5 year old turns 18 and I don't have anyone to support anymore.

We'll keep an eye on you when going 10-8. At least we know where it is coming from. Stockton.....

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

For 95% of my banking, it's online. I did go to a bank yesterday, not one I frequent but I do have an account there. They had recently remodeled - no individual teller booths - open high top tables with a laptop in the middle of the room. No cash - they had to go somewhere else to get it. Hated it.

I recently came back from Disney in Florida - omg - crowded, standing in lines for everything. I couldn't wait to get back home. What a test of patience. One of my pet peeves is standing in line for food - whether its at a fast food or at some sort of function or even someone's house and they've just said "let's eat." I'll wait until everyone else has gone through.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

wasn't there a star trek episode .. everyone interacted threw a computer on some planet they visited?
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

I prefer people. I like to know a human being is front of me doing what needs to be done.

I like to support local businesses that offer superior customer service. I buy online when I can't find what I want locally.

Yes, food shopping is a PITA, but I go around dinner time when the store is way less crowded.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
I get it at the bank, I prefer to speak with a teller then a machine anytime. Now sometime the ATM is all you have. I still do not text either.

I agree-----"texting" is evil.
And, by the way, I sure miss my bagphone. Crying or Very sad
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
gt1953 wrote:

I don't get this. In the time it takes to dial a number and wait for the person to answer I could have sent the message I was trying to tell them. Plus texting eliminates the needless small talk that I have no desire to listen to.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

Get off my lawn.......... :snipersmile: :snipersmile:
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Get off my lawn.......... :snipersmile: :snipersmile:

I just LOL'd right out loud. Laughing
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

At this rate, I am going to have to text, snapchat, twitter or whatever they come up in the future, a hologram of myself swinging a cane at pesky kids. That's if there are any kids in the future pestering. Most likely they will be trying to hack my appliances and/or computers.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

Covfefe
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The end of Human Physical interaction? Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
iowegian wrote:
gt1953 wrote:

I don't get this. In the time it takes to dial a number and wait for the person to answer I could have sent the message I was trying to tell them. Plus texting eliminates the needless small talk that I have no desire to listen to.

Until you end up with that asshole that wants to play 100 questions while texting.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: