Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper.
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper after helping lost child
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/28/us/good-samaritan-mistaken-for-kidnapper-trnd/index.html
Years ago I was on a camping trip, I think it Pinnacles National Park and I was walking a trail alone.
There was about a 7 year old boy screaming and crying, so I went up to him and asked what was wrong.
He said he was lost, but I was worried if I help the boy, may be someone would accuse me of something horrible.
Just about 30 seconds later a young couple appeared on the trail, so yelled for them to come over and help.
I explained the little boy was lost, and asked that they stay with the boy, and I’d go running up the trail yelling for the kid’s Dad.
They were so kind, and helped us. I found the boy’s Dad, who in my mind’s eye was a real asshat,
the kid was still in tears and the Dad was scolding the kid for getting lost.
I was so glad that young couple helped us, the Asshat Dad would have been the exact type to do that type of shit.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Idea
jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

Where is CPS? No one is asking the parents why their two year old is walking around unattended? What else is going on in that family?
Dan Hiebert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

This is the kind of irresponsible behavior (on the part of the parents of the kid) that causes good people to do nothing, and often leads to tragedy. Thankfully there are still people out there that will continue to do the right thing.
kinkerstinker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

Dan Hiebert wrote:
This is the kind of irresponsible behavior (on the part of the parents of the kid) that causes good people to do nothing, and often leads to tragedy. Thankfully there are still people out there that will continue to do the right thing.

exactly.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

People are too fast to judge. But I still urge you to please help when the occasion arises.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

I was leaving a restaurant with a group of people & noticed a 4-5y/o following my family between two parked cars that were perpendicular to the flow of heavy traffic, I stood at the end of the cars to block her from walking out into the traffic without touching her. One of the parents came out of the restaurant to retrieve the child & gave me a dirty look. I literally just kept the kid from being run over & didn't even get a thanks.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

That's why you mind your own Damnned business.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

People are stupid and paranoid nowadays, partly thanks to the current state of news media reporting of such things, but their overreaction and subsequent Facebook and other abuse should be met with legal repercussions.

If anything they need to be reminded that most child abuse and abduction is done by family members, not randos on the street.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

always thank the person, get thier name and ..do a background check Shocked helping or opportunist....opratunist?? you just never know these days whats going on in Anybody's mind. hell just look at me.....Im driving a fricking old VW!!! Shocked
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

Call me dumb, but I would risk my life to save any and all of you if I had the chance. Unless there was someone more competent than me.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hotsam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

Reminds me of the time when I was driving and a group of kids threw a rock through my windshield (which could have killed me).

I got out of the car and chased them down (anger-fueled adrenalin).

When I grabbed one by his shirt, he started screaming "MOLESTER!"

Luckily I had witnesses and the police agreed to scare the shit out of the kids and their parents.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

enjoyther1de wrote:
That's why you mind your own Damnned business.

This would be my first instinct - to leave it alone. But I had to grab a 3 yr old out of the way when a car almost plowed her outside a Walmart. I looked around and I saw woman w/ several other kids way back in the store doorway. Turned out she was supposed to be 'watching' these brood for someone. Unbelievable.

Someone came up to me and said lucky I was there or otherwise the kid would have been deadmeat. WE just shook our heads.

People should not have kids if they could not take care of them. I feel bad for kids who are abused by parent neglect or otherwise. Just terrible.

When I see kids playing in the street, I always yell out C-A-R!!!! when I see one approaching. They clear out quick. Very Happy
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

Strangers will ignore children in a car but circle like hyenas if a dog is there. Waiting to pounce on the owner when they return. I blame social media idiots.
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

No good dead goes unpunished.

A man collapsed next to my father and my father decided he couldn't breath. He gave the man a tracheotomy. The man sued him. Thankfully we have what's called Good Samaritan laws.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

kawfee wrote:

A man collapsed next to my father and my father decided he couldn't breath. He gave the man a tracheotomy. The man sued him. Thankfully we have what's called Good Samaritan laws.

Ok, I gotta know, was it determined that the tracheotomy was not necessary?
And how was it that your dad had the training & the wherewithal to do it?

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
kawfee wrote:

Ok, I gotta know, was it determined that the tracheotomy was not necessary?
And how was it that your dad had the training & the wherewithal to do it?

My father is a doctor, same as his father before him. The tracheotomy was necessary. The man was choking to death. Without it he would not survived to sue. It's actually a simple procedure not that I would take unto the practice lightly. The man was upset that a scar was left behind.

You save a man's life and he sues you. It's just unfathomable.

(Edit: just realized I mis-spelled deed."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

That's a lucky bastard that falls out next to someone that can actually perform something like that at a moments notice. Your dad should have presented the fumb ducker with a bill afterwards.

heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

You live and you learn.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Good Samaritan' bullied, beaten and called a kidnapper. Reply with quote

kawfee wrote:

There has GOT to be more to this story than that. A tracheotomy? Seriously??

In other news, f&@$ing social media has done FAR more damage than good over the years. Those social media outlets should be held just as responsible for the crap that gets posted on them as the dipshits who post it. I fucking HATE social media and what it REALLY stands for (i.e. profit and screw those who suffer because of it.) Also, I'm NOT your friend if I've never even freaking heard of you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: