Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

lost my wife
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratsnotmice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: lost my wife Reply with quote

Hi, I lurk around here, but rarely post. I am always working on my 70 Ghia.
My wife always been supportive in my "shop" efforts.

She passed away Thur. June 29 after a long battle with cancer.

We both are only 49 years old and had hoped to retire and start our very own air cooled junkyard.

Thanks for listening.

Mike
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

sorry for your loss. my mother just passed on the 20th. same deal (cancer) she was only 57.

I hope you have a support group. it's a lot to work through/digest. if you need someone to talk to I would be happy to p/m you my number. having a support system is huge when you have to deal with something like this. again, my condolences

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

Aw dammit. I'm so sorry to hear that. My wife is also in the cancer battle and we're in our mid 50's. While friends and family can be a huge help in emotional support, you may want to find an independent ear, someone who doesn't know the two of you. Clergy, professional psychiatrist, whatever..

It is going to hurt a long time. Let yourself experience emotions you need to experience. Having a crying jag isn't weakness, but needed to help heal your soul. There will be times in the future that there will be little things that will bring them on again. Let it happen.. but you will find yourself remembering everything that you did as a couple and little things that she did that made you laugh. It will get better, eventually. But it will take time.

My condolences to you and both families..

Rick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

I am so sorry for your loss!

I cannot imagine what life would be like without my wife, we've been together since 1970.

I only have my Ghia because of her, A 66 Ghia was her first car. The current restoration of the 69 is completely for her.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert

Last edited by djkeev on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

as the mail man said My condolences to you and both families. it aint going to be eazy as you know,remember the good times and keep her with you at all times. Im a survivor and would not be hear without her and my kids. you can get on with your life without pushing her out of it.she will always be there.so embrace it and the times you had together. just please stay away from the drinks as they will not help. now is time for memories and healing your soul.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

Listen to your heart - she is still there. Talk to folks, friends, people on the Samba, anyone.
The losses of loved ones get harder and harder to take the older I get. The reality is that I'm getting close to "that age" myself.
Best to you and the memories of your beloved wife.
DonWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

sorry to hear about your wife ,ive ben fighting cancer since last july and lost my 23 year old son who also loved vws so I kinda know what your going threw .if you ever need some one to talk to you can pm me.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

So sorry for your loss, this Cancer seems to hit every family, we are going thru it right now. As others have said, if you feel the need, talk to friends or samba peps, or who ever, just let it out, it will never feel "better", maybe just a little less sharp.
I seem to have that "Emo Wave" hit me when I'm driving to/from work, the worst is when driving my Split, which my Pops helped me get on a Rotissurie, people smile & wave, thumbs up & all that, and I'm crying my fricken eyes out.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

I am so sorry for your loss! I can't think of anything worse than loosing your best friend. Crying or Very sad

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

So sorry for your loss Sir,

Martin
allwagons

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

As said before, sorry for your loss. Stay positive & remember the good times.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

This sucks. So sorry for your loss. I recently lost a close cousin to a shitty disease and his death was preventable and a big shock to the whole family.
We all have to enjoy every moment don't we?
Sometimes you might feel alone but we are all here posting to offer condolences. Some might not understand your position, but its ok to acknowledge that it sucks and we're here for you.

Dark humor segment: I'd offer you my thoughts and prayers but they are filthy and disturbing and no one deserves that.

Be well and stay the course my friend.....

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

My deepest condolences.

Don't be sad for what you have lost. Instead, be happy for what you had together.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

Cancer is terrible, what's the stats? 1 out of 4 people will have it. Losing a family member is difficult every time. My parents had been married almost 50 years when one day my mom died suddenly. It took my dad 5 years to get back to something resembling normal, in fact he remarried a widow who had lost her husband under similar circumstances. Everyone faces death and handles on their own terms. My condolences are with you and you'll find support here on samba

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
PopTopDreamer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. :'(
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

Tough loss, my condolences . My first wife departed early as a suicide, it's a mind scar you learn to live with. There is no "getting over" some losses in my experience.
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

So very sorry to hear of your loss. May she rest in peace. Cherish the many happy memories I'm sure the two of you had together.
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

May you remember the warm embrace she had upon your soul, for as you look within, you will always feel that spark she created many years ago. I am so very sorry for your loss, take time to heal, do so by sharing with yourself the adventures you had together, and truly acknowledge that she loved you dearly, don’t fret, Im certain you two had a wonderful run at this thing called life.
Stay positive, and remember, to always be open to love within your heart, people are always there, some folks you know, others you do not, life is a mystery, and there are always good people to lend an ear or hand.
Condolences,
Sam
Always feel free to reach out as you have done here, we all experience life together, when we allow others in.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

Dammit. I was really hoping this was a joke thread about going to the mall or something.
Just.... dammit.
ratsnotmice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: lost my wife Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, it's tough going.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: