Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

picture hosting - Photobucket sux
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volktales
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

I am currently re linking over 2000 photos for our local VW website because of this Photobucket BS. So far Imgur is working well for me. Our local club site is too small to support images directly on the site. I can't help but wonder if one day Imgur will charge for hosting service as well. How exactly do they make money anyway? I have not even seen an advertisement on their site yet...
1964 Ghia, ongoing project 2007-
1962 Beetle Beryl,original paint survivor 2012-
1970 Savannah Beige Beetle 2012-
1992 16v GTI, 100% stock 2006-
1991 "Terseo", wife's old daily 1995-
1969 Chevrolet CST/10 (family owned since new)
1965 Gold Corvair Monza 2021-
1966 and 1965 Monza 2022-
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

imgur.com has ads all over the place, maybe you have them blocked?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

captincanuck wrote:
Ahwahnee wrote:
captincanuck wrote:
I don't seem to be having a problem with all my linked pictures in photo bucket. Wonder what's up with that...

Yes, it does appear that PB may have backed off from there recent move -- but they have lost me anyway. I was at the point of not liking them and now I don't trust them.

Looks like they finally got around to my account Sad

They got me today as well and I got a nice email from them wanting me to join . I have less than 30 photos on their
Volktales
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

I don't knowingly have any ad blockers on my computer. Maybe I have not uploaded enough photos with them yet???
1964 Ghia, ongoing project 2007-
1962 Beetle Beryl,original paint survivor 2012-
1970 Savannah Beige Beetle 2012-
1992 16v GTI, 100% stock 2006-
1991 "Terseo", wife's old daily 1995-
1969 Chevrolet CST/10 (family owned since new)
1965 Gold Corvair Monza 2021-
1966 and 1965 Monza 2022-
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

Volktales wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I don't knowingly have any ad blockers on my computer. Maybe I have not uploaded enough photos with them yet???

Maybe? I was talking about the "popular" photos I went and looked at from their home page so maybe your exact photos don't have ads yet...

Maybe they have some logic in there too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

Just made my switch to Imgur and closed my PB account. Since I have 99% of any of the photos that were in my "bucket" on my local machine I didn't feel too badly. Just for kicks I tried downloading each album just so I'd have them and don'cha know.. they added"special steps", sometimes two or more, that you have to do before you can download. And if your album seems to be over 25 photos, you get an error message. At least I did.

Good luck PB.... see you on the ashes of your company.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

Last Triumph wrote:
Hi all,

A fix has been created to bypass PB's hosting blocker - works on Chrome.

This works by adding ~original to the end of each photobucket url.

God knows how long until PB cotton on and stop it working but a good temporary fix...

Download this Google chrome extension ~ https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...er-info-dialog

Install and make sure it is enabled.

In it's options in the JavaScript box enter:

$(document).ready(function () {
$('img').each(function () {
var img = $(this);
var imgsrc = img.attr('src');
if (imgsrc.indexOf("photobucket.com") !== -1) {
img.attr("src", imgsrc + "~original");
}
});
});

Restart chrome and you will be able to see images once more.

Cheers.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

The link above is abbreviated and does not work.

It appears to be this link though
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/custom-s...nfo-dialog

I have not tried it myself.
Last Triumph
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
The link above is abbreviated and does not work.

It appears to be this link though
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/custom-s...nfo-dialog

Apologies for the abbreviated original link - your version is correct and is working for us over in the UK.

I can't edit the original post to show the full link, though.

Hope this helps.
KingOfAces
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

It works great for me.
IN2VWS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

Works for me. Thanks for the instructions. Wink
⨴⨵--⊗--⨴⨵ 𝕊ℙ𝟚¹⁹⁷³
𝟵_𝟭_𝟰¹⁹⁷³
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chad1376
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

Wow - I sort of dodged a bullet on this.

I've used free Photo bucket for years, but got tired of the slowness and pop up ads, so I recently signed up for the $6/month plan...just before their pricing change.

So, I'm "Grandfathered" in until the end of the year, as long a I keep paying.

At least it buys me some time to get my stuff off their site, and maybe re-link some of my active threads.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mid Engine Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

Edit - never mind. Went back a few pages and someone posted the same thing.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=679467
Chad1376
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

Letterman7 wrote:
Just made my switch to Imgur and closed my PB account. Since I have 99% of any of the photos that were in my "bucket" on my local machine I didn't feel too badly. Just for kicks I tried downloading each album just so I'd have them and don'cha know.. they added"special steps", sometimes two or more, that you have to do before you can download. And if your album seems to be over 25 photos, you get an error message. At least I did.

Same thing here. I have over 800 photos, and was hoping I could download in one swoop. Nope - error. I can download one at a time, but it's not worth my time. I tried making smaller albums, and just downloading those, but it didn't work either. I have most of the photos on my NAS; there's only a handful that I'll have to recover.

I just signed up for SmugMug for a reasonable fee. As soon as I update links in current threads (here and other forums) I'll just delete my PB account.

With my NAS, I know it's possible to set up my own internet server, but the configuration is a bit over my head. I have a friend that owns his own IT service. I might see what he can do for me in exchange for some beer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

Maybe they've joined with Sears/KMart? Those folks have the art of destroying viable companies down pat!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
GLHTurbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

Chad1376 wrote:
Letterman7 wrote:

Same thing here. I have over 800 photos, and was hoping I could download in one swoop. Nope - error. I can download one at a time, but it's not worth my time. I tried making smaller albums, and just downloading those, but it didn't work either. I have most of the photos on my NAS; there's only a handful that I'll have to recover.

I just signed up for SmugMug for a reasonable fee. As soon as I update links in current threads (here and other forums) I'll just delete my PB account.

With my NAS, I know it's possible to set up my own internet server, but the configuration is a bit over my head. I have a friend that owns his own IT service. I might see what he can do for me in exchange for some beer.

I just used this to recover my pictures from Photobucket. Worked flawlessly, just cut and paste your shared album URL in the tool. You just have to run the Java Jar.

http://rip.rarchives.com/
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

Saw this on another forum and thought I'd repost it here:

Quote:
Google chrome plugin called, "Photobucket Embed Fix". Make sure to delete your cookies and restart Chrome in order for it to work.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj

Firefox has one too

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/

2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

kamzcab86 wrote:

Quote:
Google chrome plugin called, "Photobucket Embed Fix". Make sure to delete your cookies and restart Chrome in order for it to work.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj

Firefox has one too

I use the Firefox one and it works very well!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

kamzcab86 wrote:

Quote:

Firefox has one too

I use FireFox, and I installed that "fix", and the photos show now (at least on my computer !!!).
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: picture hosting - Photobucket sux Reply with quote

The one above doesn't seem to be working anymore but I believe this one works
Chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg
Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/?hotlinkfix=1511453725427
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: