Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Filler neck hose size
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gblair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Filler neck hose size Reply with quote

Hi
Would anyone know what size the filler neck hose is? I bought a Gas Smell Kit about 2 years ago and while looking it over for the upcoming Thing east show and I noticed there is some cracks in the hose and would like to replace it again. Didn't know if it was possible to find it at a local parts store.
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Filler neck hose size Reply with quote

Don't know the size but make sure what you find will work for gas. See you there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
doublecanister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Filler neck hose size Reply with quote

hey Gblair,

I installed that kit a while back and it helped, then the smell returned.

Found out that where the large hose to the tank and the smaller 1/2 size
elbow join up at the filler neck hole, the weight of my spare tire caused a tear in the elbow hose.

didn't happen right away either, not sure if the tire was mashing on it under normal conditions or when I shut the hood if it's mashing on it.

I trimmed it and got a good re-seal, and for now, I tucked a few shop rags under the elbow hose to support it and keep it from flexing so much.

Not sure how you'd tell this is occurring without getting a ripped hose yourself but thought i'd mention.

I guess if you smell gas later, check that area. it was leaking gas under the mat, and not a lot but enough to cause a strong odor.

PS: I hope yall have fun at the show, I'm not going to be able to attend this one, maybe next year if it's closer.

T
1966 - Mustang GT- Fastback
1951 - Ford F1 pickup Flathead V8
gblair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Filler neck hose size Reply with quote

I ordered on from Thing Parts. Should be here tomorrow and I will tear into it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: