Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Baja whit no name
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

In case some photos are deleted, I'll put them on Flickr and Dropbox.

Hi, i am Miguel Da silva from Venezuela.

Sorry if I have errors but I do not know English. I currently have a Buggy that I call "Cuadritos" and I'm in the process of doing a VW Baja.
Here I show you the few photos I have of the project, during the week I climb more because I do not have the time.

So far what I plan to do is to be able to use it also daily. Will have all the part of the rear suspension of a Kombi like the transmission. Also included is a Renault engine (specifically a 2000cc) Cavalier engine 2200cc for now, if I can change it throughout the project will be like this.

Without more, I leave the few photos that I have for now, when I start with the project with everything I teach.

Thanks to Smilleman3000 he's got the idea to do it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Enmiguel on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

Hola Miguel. Bienvenidos.

Escribe bastante bien en ingles por un hombre en Venezuela. Hay otros con Baja Bugs en este sito quien vive in Sur America. Como Pablovent.

Yo se que ustedes en Sur America van encontrar cosas y situaciones que no existen para nosotros en los Estados Unidos de America. Partes non-disponibles en su pais. Taxes de importar partes a su pais. Y otras cosas que es posible que unos en Sur America pueden ayudar a los otros.

A veces puede ser difícil traducir algunos terminos tecnicos del ingles al espanol o el espanol al ingles, pero hablo algo de espanol y puedo traducir la mayoria del ingles al espanol y del espanol al ingles. Si necesita ayuda para traducir, estoy aqui para ayudarle. Unas veces, Google Translate me ayuda. Pero a veces confunda cosas.

English:
Hi Miguel. Welcome.

You write fairly well in English for a man who is in Venezuela. There are others on here who live in South America. Like Pablovent.

I know that there are things and situations that you in South America will encounter that do not exist for us in the United States. Parts not available there in your country. Import duties and taxes for your country. And other things that people in South America can help others with.

Sometimes it can be difficult to translate some technical terms from English into Spanish or Spanish into English, but I speak some Spanish and can translate most from English to Spanish and from Spanish to English. If you need help translating, I am here to help. Sometimes Google Translate helps me. But then, sometimes it confuses things.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.

Last edited by dustymojave on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, I will try to write so that I can in English so that the others who see buy, while some help from the goole translator and my girlfriend hehe.

Regarding the spare parts yes, it is a problem many times, that is why I will put the rear suspension of Kombi to be stronger and better posture, here my buggy along with others we have also homocinetica but to more than one was split the Tip for not being reinforced, then I do not trust much of that and I prefer kombi although I have to do some work to the torsion bars so that it is not so rigid.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

Well, this week look for the torsion, it's from 98.

And this is from this day, chopping the old chassis taking care not to damage the serial, measuring and leveling.

(This is not me):

I saw a 2200cc cavalier engine where I bought the torsion and I think it will be the chosen one for the beetle ... I also saw a front combi train and I think I will buy it, I get cheaper and easier to do here, I would only have To take some crossbows so that it does not become so rigid.

I hope in the next few days to clean everything well and start correcting the floor because it is done wrong, in addition to starting to make the frame to reinforce it with an extructural tube.
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

The weather today has not helped paint this:

Remove the pieces of metal that I will not use:

Don't know why that cut, but use it to remove the old pipes of gasoline, heating and others, also remove the hand brake base and then place another:

It is pending to seal the openings.

Also came the 16-gauge galvanized sheet to make the gas tank:

And buy the gearbox, it's a combi. Disarming to check and good, several faults, between missing pieces, other items, other off-site:

The speeds look good, but i don't know how to repair it, so i'll take it to a friend to check it out for me. For this type of gearbox you can get spare parts here, wich is an adventage. However, for the same beetle's homocinetic, find this type of parts is a problem.

We will continue as soon as we have time.
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

A few days ago, my friend "el chino" was repairing the gearbox:

It's ready to mount.

And i bought these ignition coil:

This was yesterday:

Sincerilly, the bodywork is a sh***, it´s worse than i thought. I wish to make another buggy, but i already have plans for this.

There´s pieces that i put just to make the floor's shape. There's others that keep fixed, only have to weld.

Now i have to clean the floor so i can weld it.
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

Was today:

i just have to make some reinforcements that will be done when i'll put the address box.
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

Enmiguel wrote:
Was today:

i just have to make some reinforcements that will be done when i'll put the address box.

Yo veo las photos, pero no entiendo las palabras. Acaso algo perdio en traduciendo.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

dustymojave wrote:

Yo veo las photos, pero no entiendo las palabras. Acaso algo perdio en traduciendo.

Quise decir que faltan algunos refuerzos, pero se los pondre cuando ponga el cajetin de dirección/caja de dirección.
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

Hmmm.

Los refuerzos, entendi.

Quote:

Es "la caja de direccion" que no entiendo.

It's the

I'm saying guys that I don't understand his use of "address box". He answered me in Spanish using words that could also translate to "mail box". I suppose he means something else and I'm trying to figure out what sort of box he is referring to. He just showed us Chino (translates to "Curly" - same Spanish nickname as my father-in-law) working on his gearbox. Maybe that's what he means.

Quote:
Quise decir que faltan algunos refuerzos, pero se los pondre cuando ponga el cajetin de dirección/caja de dirección.

I want to say that it lacks reinforcements, but I will put them on when I put the address box (mail box) on.

HAHA!!!!
I just figured it out!!

Miguel means "the steering box"!

"Direccion" means "address". It also means "direction" used in referring to steering as that which controls the direction the car travels.

"Cajetin" means "box". That was easy.

The problem was in translation software that doesn't understand that we're talking about a car here. My next door neighbor and my wife both thought he was talking about a mailbox too. Pensemos que estaba hablando de una caja postal. Mi esposa y la besina tambien pensaban.
SoCalBajas Member
Dürtwagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the photos in this thread , sometimes you gotta get stuff done with what you got,... I like it

Keep on truckin'
Sally the Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

Hola Miguel,

Yo soy de barquisimeto y tengo un kombi. ahorita vivo en Atlanta.

De que parte de Venezuela eres?

Avisame si necesitas ayuda traduciendo o con culaquier cosa.
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

dustymojave wrote:
Hmmm.

Los refuerzos, entendi.

Quote:

Es "la caja de direccion" que no entiendo.

It's the

I'm saying guys that I don't understand his use of "address box". He answered me in Spanish using words that could also translate to "mail box". I suppose he means something else and I'm trying to figure out what sort of box he is referring to. He just showed us Chino (translates to "Curly" - same Spanish nickname as my father-in-law) working on his gearbox. Maybe that's what he means.

Quote:

I want to say that it lacks reinforcements, but I will put them on when I put the address box (mail box) on.

HAHA!!!!
I just figured it out!!

Miguel means "the steering box"!

"Direccion" means "address". It also means "direction" used in referring to steering as that which controls the direction the car travels.

"Cajetin" means "box". That was easy.

The problem was in translation software that doesn't understand that we're talking about a car here. My next door neighbor and my wife both thought he was talking about a mailbox too. Pensemos que estaba hablando de una caja postal. Mi esposa y la besina tambien pensaban.

HAHAHA! Bueno, gracias por la corrección.
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

Dürtwagen wrote:
I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the photos in this thread , sometimes you gotta get stuff done with what you got,... I like it

Keep on truckin'

Thanks!
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

Sally the Bus wrote:
Hola Miguel,

Yo soy de barquisimeto y tengo un kombi. ahorita vivo en Atlanta.

De que parte de Venezuela eres?

Avisame si necesitas ayuda traduciendo o con culaquier cosa.

Hola, soy de Los Teques Edo Miranda. Cualqueir cosa te escribo por privado, muchas gracias.
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

Sometimes I do not have time to go about repairing customer cars:

And sometimes for walking helping my friends:

This week I hope to look for the engine I bought, a Cavalier 2.2 engine, as I mentioned, I did not like renault, so I think it would look better.
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

Lately I have not had time to do anything:

This was a recent departure to the water dam that fills us where I live:

At least buy the engine you wanted:

Apart from that, buy this machine to weld the bodywork, as it used bow only:

And I have to learn to work with her.

I hope next week to buy the sheet of metal that I need to finish the floor and finally be able to hit the body, soon more photos.

PostData: Still no name, any ideas? It will be Violet with Black.
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

Acaso
"Escarabajo"...???
Pero es un vocho "Baja Bug"

Asi, "EscaraBaja" ????

Es un Bug (ingles para insecto), en punta un escarabajo, el color es similario, ...????

English:

Maybe
"Scarab Beetle"...???
But it's a Baja Bug

So, "EscaraBaja" ????

It's a Bug (English for insect), in fact a beetle, the color is similar, ...????
SoCalBajas Member
Enmiguel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

dustymojave wrote:
Acaso
"Escarabajo"...???
Pero es un vocho "Baja Bug"

Asi, "EscaraBaja" ????

Es un Bug (ingles para insecto), en punta un escarabajo, el color es similario, ...????

English:

Maybe
"Scarab Beetle"...???
But it's a Baja Bug

So, "EscaraBaja" ????

It's a Bug (English for insect), in fact a beetle, the color is similar, ...????

Jaja! Aqui en Venezuela le decimos escarabajo, vocho, coco y demas nombres, no tome en cuneta eso para la traduccion jeje
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: The Baja whit no name Reply with quote

I was not worrying about the translation, I was suggesting a name for the car.

I suggest you call it "EscaraBaja". As you say, people often call a VW Bug an "escarabajo". This is the word in Spanish for "beetle", the insect. But I suggest a little change to the word to put in "Baja". Your car is not only a "VW Beetle", it is a "Baja Bug". EscaraBaja is a simple play with words.

No estaba preocupado por la traduccion, estaba sugiriendo un nombre para su coche.

Le sugiero que lo llame "EscaraBaja". Como usted dice, muchas veces la gente llama a un VW "escarabajo". Esta es la palabra en espanol para "beetle", el insecto. Pero sugiero un pequeno cambio a la palabra para poner en "Baja". Su coche no es solo un "VW Beetle", en especialmente es un "Baja Bug". EscaraBaja es un simple juego de palabras. Cool
SoCalBajas Member
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: