Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mystery Bosch headlight, Rometsch?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
otahuhu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Mystery Bosch headlight, Rometsch? Reply with quote

I recently picked up this nos Bosch headlight along with a few other bits and bobs, from the owners of an old VW service centre. I've been searching for hours on-line, I've looked up Borgwarner, Dkw, BMW, Mercedes etc etc and found nothing. It looks similar to some of the Romtsch headlights I've seen but It's hard to find a clear decent pic to definitively identify it.

it's a really nice headlight with a double chrome ring, that looks like it would belong on an upmarket car, the curves would suit something like a rometsch it's marked with Bosch and stamped made in Germany on the rear, is date coded 57 and has another Bosch code on a sticker on the side. It also came with a massive nos rubber seal that is a circular wedge shape. Any help identifying this is much appreciated...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brad Ripley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery Bosch headlight, Rometsch? Reply with quote

Label on the side of the rim is Bosch number: LE/YFS 160 x2/1 which is for some model of a Holden -- the 160 mm diameter seems to be a mystery other than the 1962 Bosch catalog says "Holden".
otahuhu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery Bosch headlight, Rometsch? Reply with quote

Thanks for that, looks like holden fx or fj headlight. About as far removed from a Rometsch as possible. I wouldn't have imagined Holden using Bosch rather than Lucas but there you go. Thanks again...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
overrestored
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery Bosch headlight, Rometsch? Reply with quote

Not from a Rometsch Beeskow
One cool crazy cat
a yard full of fruit trees
26 chairs for some reason
a crapload of old shoes
a lot of books on history of the Mexican Ranchos
200+ kamax bolts... stacked in rows
pbaptist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Mystery Bosch headlight, Rometsch? Reply with quote

Also not for Rometsch Lawrence

It looks like Mercedes 190SL
4* Rometsch Lawrence (nr 534, 555, 558 and 561)

Karmann-Ghia Lowlight page and registry
Karmann-Ghia Collectibles database
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otahuhu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery Bosch headlight, Rometsch? Reply with quote

Thanks guys! We figured it out, as the earlier poster discovered its from a "Holden" fx or fj here is an example, (check out the rear window blinds)...

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=...2573312558

I was very surprised to find that an Australian car manufacturer was using bosch as opposed to lucas headlights but there you go.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: