Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brm 15x5 on split bus with type 67 tranny.
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
73sparks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Brm 15x5 on split bus with type 67 tranny. Reply with quote

I was going to finally mount my brms on my 62 bus but the lugs that come with rims are for bus drums and I have a 67 bug tranny on rear.
so my question is since 67 is 5 lug can i find a chrome lug for rear tires
that will let me use them on bus.
Thanks
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Brm 15x5 on split bus with type 67 tranny. Reply with quote

You can get the correct lug nuts or screw in studs/lug nuts from CIP1 or CB Perf. I believe that Bus drums use 14mm acorn nuts and your 67 wide five drums use 12mm acorn nuts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
73sparks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Brm 15x5 on split bus with type 67 tranny. Reply with quote

I bought lugs for bus when I got the rims, front drums are bus should be good. will get correct ones for rear, chrome hopefully.
Thanks for info, much appreciated.
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Brm 15x5 on split bus with type 67 tranny. Reply with quote

A rear brake upgrade you might want to consider is using Thing rear drums. They are larger than standard beetle drums and will give you more braking power. Not sure all what's involved in the conversion but a search in the beetle thread will have examples.
Rear Thing drums are expensive unless you can find a usable set in someone's junk bin or spare parts. If you have to purchase them new and associated parts for the conversion you could purchase a bolt-on rear disc brake kit for about the same.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
73sparks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Brm 15x5 on split bus with type 67 tranny. Reply with quote

for sure the Thing rear brakes would be sweet, but I dont beleive they work on 67.
Got the tranny super cheap newly rebuilt and bus is goung to be low and slow cruiser.
Thanks for the info✌
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Brm 15x5 on split bus with type 67 tranny. Reply with quote

73sparks wrote:
for sure the Thing rear brakes would be sweet, but I dont beleive they work on 67.
Got the tranny super cheap newly rebuilt and bus is goung to be low and slow cruiser.
Thanks for the info✌

Are you using a 67 beetle tranny.....if so l believe it has been done!
73sparks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Brm 15x5 on split bus with type 67 tranny. Reply with quote

unfortunatly as splits go this build has been expensive. I will drive it the rest of summer and then sell to finance another bus I have to build.
cheers
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: