Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1973 VW thing EGR question
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
baker1428
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: 1973 VW thing EGR question Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new to the site. I just purchased a 73 Thing that needed everything. Hasn't seen blacktop since 1985. The Body and the frame are complete and the engine rebuild is almost there. However, this car was hit from behind bending the back bumper and exhaust into the motor, therefore, many parts were broken off. I have replaced the EGR valve down to the EGR filter along with a new tin. My problem is, I'm trying to figure out where it goes from there. I didn't order a new exhaust yet because I'm basically lost. I had a few bugs back in the 90's but they didn't have an EGR filter on them. Any help would be great. I printed out the manuals from this site but didn't have any luck figuring it out. Thanks in advance
baker1428
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW thing EGR question Reply with quote

Basically what I'm asking is, does a stock exhaust have the necessary hookups for this filter pipe, or is there more to it than that.
Al Capulco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW thing EGR question Reply with quote

Yes, the filter connects to the stock muffler system thru the connecting elbow.
The connecting elbow is part # 14 on page 19. I may have one if you are unable to find one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
baker1428
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW thing EGR question Reply with quote

Thank you sir. Ordering now
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: