Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dual Carbs once again question
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rustednuggs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Dual Carbs once again question Reply with quote

Hello - I originally posted in the vanagon section as I have a 1980 Vanagon Westfalia, that the fuel injection is gone completely and it currently has a single progressive carb set up. I am taking it to a dual carb setup and wanted some thoughts from some of you, my options, your opinions, types, recommendations on carbs, setups on something like this. Its a 2.0L engine as well.

Thanks in advance
Rustednuggs
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Carbs once again question Reply with quote

Buy a set of 40IDF Webers from Aircooled.net. Pay them the extra $80 to clean, jet, and set the float levels. Buy the best linkage you can afford. CB Performance seems to have good linkage. The linkage from Redline sucks. Call them and tell them what you want to do and ask for their opinion. It's a good company.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rustednuggs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Carbs once again question Reply with quote

Nice will do. TY. Was hoping to get a kit that included linkage and all.

TY
DS
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Carbs once again question Reply with quote

Got a set from aircooled.net for an 1800 with linkage. Just email them with your engine combo and see what they suggest. Or you can just order it. sometimes takes a couple days to get an answer to a question.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rustednuggs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Carbs once again question Reply with quote

Cool. What is suggested? A Single progressive carb or dual carbs? What might you have? So suggest the 1800 even though I have the 2.0?

TY
RN
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Carbs once again question Reply with quote

Go duals, and maybe if you are comfortable with wrenching and tuning rent a LM-2 from aircooled as well with a range of jets and really dial in your carbs. If not , John can probably get you close to correct jetting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Terminatez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Carbs once again question Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
Buy a set of 40IDF Webers from Aircooled.net. Pay them the extra $80 to clean, jet, and set the float levels. Buy the best linkage you can afford. CB Performance seems to have good linkage. The linkage from Redline sucks. Call them and tell them what you want to do and ask for their opinion. It's a good company.

When I bought the set from ACN, the box came with CB Performance linkage already. Not sure if this is standard with that set now?
jacoby1007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Dual Carbs once again question Reply with quote

I also have the same ACN package with the CB linkage on my 74 Westy. Works GREAT! John was a huge help at ACN!
carltoncleans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Carbs once again question Reply with quote

Acn here too.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: