Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Riviera aluminum extrusion availability
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Riviera aluminum extrusion availability Reply with quote

Hello all. I'm putting together a Westy/Riviera hybrid and do not have the sliding rail extrusion for the rear of the Bus. I've heard that Riviera is still in business though I can't seem to find contact information.

Does anyone know if the aluminum extrusions are still available?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks!
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera aluminum extrusion availability Reply with quote

Riviera Motors (The Dealer) is no longer in business. As far as I know. ASI (Automotive Services Inc.) who did the conversion work is no longer in business either. That all came to an end mid 80s I believe.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Ives676
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera aluminum extrusion availability Reply with quote

Here are some reference photos from my vehicle:

Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera aluminum extrusion availability Reply with quote

That looks like common stock extrusion channel. I would check with Penrose Steel and manufacturing. I'm sure they can order it, I can pick up and deliver for you.
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera aluminum extrusion availability Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
That looks like common stock extrusion channel. I would check with Penrose Steel and manufacturing. I'm sure they can order it, I can pick up and deliver for you.
that angle piece that follows the roof line and then goes vertical may be custom. The "c" cross section is probably common stock.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Ives676
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera aluminum extrusion availability Reply with quote

TomWesty wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:
that angle piece that follows the roof line and then goes vertical may be custom. The "c" cross section is probably common stock.

The "c" shaped piece is all he will need for the back support.
Ives676
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera aluminum extrusion availability Reply with quote

Ives676 wrote:
TomWesty wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:

The "c" shaped piece is all he will need for the back support.

If you can find a parts bus/top, the aluminum should clean up nicely as long as it isn't dented or pitted.
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera aluminum extrusion availability Reply with quote

Thanks all. I won't be able to set it up with the stock components as this Bus won't have the wooden box which sits on the top of standard Rivs. The plan is to use the aluminum extrusion on the back of the Bus, similar to how they sit on the sides, and mount the track to it. I can fab the angle piece, but I would like to use the stock rollers on a track. That top is awfully wobbly without the rear support!

Thanks for the pics of the Riv and I'll check into getting the roller track from the steel shop. Maybe the steel supplier I go to has one?
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67sash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera aluminum extrusion availability Reply with quote

Question about your pics. I believe I see sliders in your rear side window. Was that factory from Riviera? If not do you know the manufacture for them?
Ives676
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera aluminum extrusion availability Reply with quote

67sash wrote:
Question about your pics. I believe I see sliders in your rear side window. Was that factory from Riviera? If not do you know the manufacture for them?

I assume you are asking me and not the original poster (OP)? If so, I replaced all four of my rear windows with Just Kampers sliding windows.
theowendorff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera aluminum extrusion availability Reply with quote

Did you ever find the bearing track aluminum extrusion? I am currently installing a rivi top on my tintop and the top I purchased is missing the rear scissor hinge. I am thinking about trying out this extrusion but it doesn't seem like it will be an exact copy.

https://theclampco.com/collections/light-series-mo...nting-rail
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: