Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

go fund me (friends son)
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

guys....

I know how most feel about these "donation" threads....most of the time they are started by some pie in the eye dreamer with some sort of agenda. do I have an agenda? you bet....

some of you here may simply hate my guts...and that's fine. the reason for this post is not for me. it's for a great friend of mine who literally got killed checking his mail

http://wtnh.com/2017/07/18/person-suffers-life-thr...tonington/

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theday/obituary.a...;fhid=6908

Chris was a dear friend of mine, and my wife has known him since grade school. when I got the call about his death I was stunned....I just spoke with him a day or so before the accident.

if anyone could give even enough for a 6 pack, "boz" would be thrilled. it's 1000% legit. it isn't a "go fund me" but rather it has been set up at a local bank which chris used for his business. here is a cut and paste from facebook

A quick update of today's events regarding Chris's arrangements
We have established a charitable fund to give financial support for his son Isaak. If you wish to contribute please make a check out to the following:
Isaak Bosma Life Fund
And mail to:
Peoples United Bank
91 Voluntown Rd
Stonington, CT 06379

you can also call them at (860) 535-5400.

we are at a loss here....chris was a fantastic guy....I only wish I could be more like him. died checking the fucking mail......unreal

today we got his 86 crew cab square body chevy all dialed in and detailed for his final ride to the cemetery..... I feel so bad for isaak....he lost the most here, but chris LOVED his son more than anything.

I appreciate anything anyone here can do. it would mean a lot to his family. and again, I wouldn't normally do this 'panhandling' but chris could always get me to do things I wouldn't normally do Embarassed

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

Skills, my condolences to you & your friend's son & family.

This is another example of why it is so important for people to get life insurance, no one knows when the unexpected will happen. Please people, if you have someone dependent on you, it is your duty to ensure that they will have enough money to offset the income that you will no longer bring in.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:

This is another example of why it is so important for people to get life insurance, no one knows when the unexpected will happen..

thank you. 2017 needs to end...I have been to too many funerals this year. and you're right. life insurance would be a huge help. he did have a small policy. he was also a chevy guy and has a lot of cool stuff. his estate and business will be liquidated and all of that will go towards his son.

thankfully he led a zero debt life...everything was paid in full. you can't make this shit up....the accident is still being investigated, as there has to be more to the story...he for sure wasn't a Darwin Award winner and was a car guy so he knows "sounds" of speeding/out of control cars. it just doesn't add up how this happened.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

Sorry about the saddening news Skills, I was just getting into bed last night to find out that another classmate had died, which is being investigated.
It does seem like there has been a lot of death this year. but as I have gotten older, it is evident that Death does not sleep, but works around the clock.
Saddened to hear such news for a young man.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

Very sorry to hear this that and the statement above. Reminds me of a conversation about 25 years ago with wife's grandmother, she was late 80s then and told me all her friends had died, husband, brothers sisters etc. she finally died too at 101. It's never easy and again sorry for your loss.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

thanks guys. and please, this isn't a 'woe is me' deal....I am just trying to drum up some $$ for a good friends family.

yea, death is all around us for sure. it's odd...you know, life. it seems that after all the partying, weddings and babies you fall into this spell of burying parents, friends, co-workers etc....crazy for sure.

the grim reaper is behind all of us for sure. this year has been a huge eye opener to me....really trying not to sweat the small stuff....because at the end of the day, there is a lot of shit that really doesn't matter. just got to keep on going and try to do the right thing....

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

such a shame to get killed like that.

Knew someone went to eat breakfast and choked on a piece of bread. killed him.

I make sure I delete my browsing history often.

sorry to hear of your friend, skill. You are right -death is all around us all the time. Some of us will go sooner and some later. But we all have to pass on some time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
such a shame to get killed like that.

Knew someone went to eat breakfast and choked on a piece of bread. killed him.

I make sure I delete my browsing history often.

sorry to hear of your friend, skill. You are right -death is all around us all the time. Some of us will go sooner and some later. But we all have to pass on some time.

Thanks for the reminder.
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

Damn dude, this is heart wrenching. Ima chip in a little something when I get paid. This easily could have been me or my dad on Saturday. We were working on my porch in the front yard when an older lady (late 50s) plowed into my dads truck at full speed, head on. No brakes, no tires screeching, no warning. She was most definitely looking at her phone or something because she crossed into the oncoming lane and even further into the parked cars and didn't hit the brakes at all as she pushed my father's truck about 15 feet backwards into my bus.
Cop didn't even give her a sobriety test or issue a citation. I don't get it. My neighborhood is crawling with kids. If one was under the truck retrieving a ball, of if we were standing there changing spark plugs it would have been game over. Someone dead. People need to shut their god-damn phones off when they get in the car. It's getting ridiculous.
No one was hurt and my bus was surprisingly ok. Bent bumper and a twisted up bumper guard. This made the case for bumper guards for me! Otherwise I'd be having dents pulled, etc.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Anyhow, we were mad but in the end it's just cars, no one died. Walked away with a renewed sense of the randomness life throws at you.
Sorry for your loss Skillz....

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

All Tragic deaths are extremely sad, no one should go out that way,

I'm glad no one was hurt. I wonder why the driver did not get cited or arrested? Did she have insurance? I guess that's what insurance is for. The problem I have with GoFundME is that the people asking have assets that they can liquidate, before selling a sad story to get money for free. When I die, I have instructed my wife to sell everything I own, even the fillings off my teeth before asking for one cent from the public. Yes, they may leave people behind,but the people left behind can fend for themselves. My opinion.

Martin
allwagons

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

wow marc glad you are ok....

I spoke to my friends brother. quite a lot of $$ has been raised. and yes, his assets will be liquidated, and the proceeds going to my good friends fatherless 13 year old son...so, weather you give or not is irrelevant....the kid is out a father...an AWESOME father who would walk to the ends of the earth for his son, and has lost a dad that took him hunting, fishing, kayaking, rock climbing, camping etc... so yea, I hate go fund me too, but after the smoke clears, this poor kid has lost a dad, a mentor and a friend.

I hope Boz had his fillings removed to help his son Rolling Eyes

if anyone here helped, I appreciate it.

washing his hearse

his son

his friends and family

so at 41, this guy has touched more peoples lives than anyone here could even imagine. his selfless life touched so many....so much so the funeral home was packed to capacity....and police were directing traffic in front of the funeral home.

how could his mother smile after burying her oldest son? because he was the fucking best....that's why. when my mother passed recently of cancer he was there for me. that son of a bitch gave me a hug so hard he about squeezed a fart out of me....that was Boz...the dude was real. I really didn't want to post this, as I know it isn't near as cool as donating money to some asshole living out of a bus....

I will help his son part his dads truck to help get him thru school...don't worry...I got this

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

Like my mother says " don't let your left hand know what your right hand does"

Peace

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
\ I really didn't want to post this, as I know it isn't near as cool as donating money to some asshole living out of a bus....

Shocked Razz
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: go fund me (friends son) Reply with quote

There you go Skills, get him a bus & a GoPro and an engine in a pile on the ground, have him build the engine while "living" out of the bus & with a backstory like his, he'll be a millionaire by the time he's 20.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: