Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August Reply with quote

brettsvw wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Belly pans? Were they a Binz feature?

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
brettsvw wrote:

Yes. They were coach-built from a single cab transporter so Binz added them for reinforcement.
Squilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August Reply with quote

I think this thing will sell well. It has that exclusivity that a lot of collectors look for, and also has those magic words of "one of only..." and its a nice restoration with a lot of NOS parts.

I'm also just excited to see a bus at Pebble Beach. It will be cool to see it on stage with the 917 and all the other crazy high-value cars, and who knows, the odd-ball stuff like the Ferrari shooting brake and the Binz have been getting a lot of love...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August Reply with quote

PeteSC wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:
brettsvw wrote:

Yes. They were coach-built from a single cab transporter so Binz added them for reinforcement.

They were installed at the factory before it even made it to Stuttgart.

wanted:
RHD Barndoor floor mat..reproduction is fine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August Reply with quote

89k and the hammer falls

wanted:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August Reply with quote

Thanks for updating us with the final result. I was pretty damn close with my prediction.

ronjonlasvegas wrote:
I am thinking it will hit $85k, but you never know. It will be interesting to see.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August Reply with quote

Yes, thanks for the final price.

Is the $89K the total including all fees or ?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August Reply with quote

Well it did ten more than I predicted- closer if that's without fees. Wink

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
DanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August Reply with quote

that'll always be one of my favorite buses!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August Reply with quote

That was auction price. Buyer and sellers fees are not included in the hammer drop.
Mine too Dan. But, you cannot operate a business out of a double cab.

wanted:
Squilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August Reply with quote

Yup! The final price for it all said and done was $97,900.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Binz #148 up for Auction at Pebble Beach in August Reply with quote

I'd say that was a very honest number. I hope to see it more now that it's being "collected". May the prices of Singles/Doubles continue to climb the charts.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: