Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Steel fuel Line
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davince
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Steel fuel Line Reply with quote

Anyone know where you can get steel fuel line from?!

I noticed a few days ago that the fuel line had snapped off an inch inside the tunnel on my '73 chassis (marvellous). So today had a look at how hard it would be to replace. I got the old one out in about 20 mins and as I happened to have a 16ft length of galvanised steel fuel line I had hanging in the workshop I stuck that in.

Now... Thinking for the future and engine choices - I'm debating running a second line in the tunnel ready for a return line if / when it's needed. I don't have any steel line left but for reasons unknown even to me I want it to match the first one I put in lol.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Steel fuel Line Reply with quote

You can get 25 foot rolls of stainless steel or aluminum fuel hard line from the Hot Rod suppliers. I use aluminum in my Dunebuggy for 10 years now without any problems.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Steel fuel Line Reply with quote

My local NAPA also sells rolls of aluminum line.
Davince
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Steel fuel Line Reply with quote

Sorry, should have mentioned in the UK! Found some at last in a friends garage lol
unclebill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Steel fuel Line Reply with quote

I use the nickel/copper NICOPP now for both fuel and brake hard lines. It'll live longer than any of us.

B
woodoctr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Steel fuel Line Reply with quote

Yeah, I like that NICOPP stuff. Easy to work with and seems pretty crap resistant.
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Steel fuel Line Reply with quote

I like to use the PVF-Coated steel tubing -

http://agscompany.com/product/poly-armour-pvf-steel-brake-line-tubing-coil-6mm-x-25/

bnc
manxdavid
Samba Member

Location: David Jones, Anglesey, North Wales, UK. Manxclub #678.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Steel fuel Line Reply with quote

Use 8mm Kunifer tube from eBay or a local motor factor, or even 6mm if it's for a return line. Much better corrosion resistace and easier to bend than steel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: