Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who lives in their Eurovan?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Who lives in their Eurovan? Reply with quote

I probably spend more time in a Eurovan than people that actually live in them Laughing
milkandrelish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Who lives in their Eurovan? Reply with quote

njt1rider wrote:
Hey guys, I'm the feller mentioned above that lives in his EV. I don't post very much but I do lurk quite a bit. I lived in the van for a solid year on the road racking up 65k miles then on and off off a couple months while traveling internationally and more recently I've been renting a room and using the EV as a daily driver. I am actually about to take off on a 3 week trip to Wyoming and I never hesitate to drive the van any amount of distance. I have the van for sale because I plan on continuing to live in a van and the extra room [of a sprinter] would be quite an upgrade. I usually live in the van with a climbing partner (I am a rock climber by trade) and having 2 grown men and a dog living in an EV can be a bit much. I converted mine to TDI and it averages 33 MPG. The maintenance cost isn't much more than any other vehicle but I did basically replace every wear item when I did the swap. I should hit 100k on the swap during my trip this month. Feel free to ask some specific questions and Ill try to keep an eye on this thread and answer or send me a PM and maybe we can chat on the phone sometime...

Thanks for popping in! A question for you and anyone else who lives in/spends a lot of time in their Eurovan: how do you do maitenance on the road?

Do you carry around jacks or stands to work on the car? Are there any specific tools you always carry around? The more info on this the better!

Also - if I buy a Bentley Repair manual and bring the car to a mechanic who's never seen a Eurovan (in an emergency) will he/she be able to fix something assuming their good at their job normally?
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Who lives in their Eurovan? Reply with quote

I just came across this list of "van lifers" -- might be worth combing through for those interested in this:
https://mightygoods.com/vanlife/

P.S. @milkeandrelish, I PM'd you re: your earlier question about getting together, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: