Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jump seat not locking intto the bracket
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pwcgecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Jump seat not locking intto the bracket Reply with quote

I have a 2002 eurovan weekender. I can easily remove the rear jump seat by the door. Unfortunately I am unable to easily re-install the seat back into the original position. It appears after I get the the two points on the floor in place and try to lock the third point on the seat bracket it won't engage and lock. If i remove the seat from the two points on the floor i can engage it on the bracket. It appears it is about a half inch too close to the front seat to engage when the two points are in the floor notches.

The only way i was able to get the jump seat back in was unscrew the bracket's three bolts, engage the bracket and then screw the three bolts back in while the bracket is engaged to the jump seat. Although it works, it is not very convenient.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks...
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Jump seat not locking intto the bracket Reply with quote

The striker pin is adjustable (it's a door striker pin from some old VW). So, loosen it and slide it around. Tighten it and repeat a few times until it works. I find that sliding the passenger sear all the way forward and the backrest perpendicular makes it easier to see where it needs to be adjusted.
LongmontLou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Jump seat not locking intto the bracket Reply with quote

jjvincent wrote:
The striker pin is adjustable (it's a door striker pin from some old VW). So, loosen it and slide it around. Tighten it and repeat a few times until it works. I find that sliding the passenger sear all the way forward and the backrest perpendicular makes it easier to see where it needs to be adjusted.

Having the same issue. Where is the stiker pin?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pwcgecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Jump seat not locking intto the bracket Reply with quote

The stricker pin is on the bracket on the back of the front passenger seat.

does the pin adjust by height or just horizontal and vertically?

I will give it a try thanks a bunch!!
LongmontLou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Jump seat not locking intto the bracket Reply with quote

pwcgecko wrote:

Figured out what to do. As you link the two bottom hook (on floor) pull seat towards back of van and it will connect to pin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pwcgecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Jump seat not locking intto the bracket Reply with quote

pwcgecko wrote:

I finally got around to installing the swivel seat adapter and in the process I was able to spend some time on the jump seat bracket. As recommended, i was able to easily loosen the pin on the top side with a wrench adust the pin so it sits higher, then re-tighten the nut with a wrench.

Now the jump seat smoothly locks into position and releases with ease.

I believe over time the pin may slide down by all the slamming and then needs periodic adjustment.

Thanks for everyone's help!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Jump seat not locking intto the bracket Reply with quote

I'll confess I've had this trouble when the shotgun seat is too deeply reclined and fouls the jump seAt, and will not confess how long it took me to figure this out
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: