Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Busses and Balloons 21

Where:
New Covenant Church
7201 Paseo del Norte NE
Albuquerque, NM

Come on out and help us celebrate 20 years of VW Busses and Balloons in Albuquerque, NM. We are hoping this will be a great show and hope to have a great surprise for the Raffle this year.

B&B XX Schedule of events for 2016 is as follows. Times are subject to change the day of the show slightly but for all intents and purposes we have come up with this basic itinerary so people know where we are.
DETAILS:
Camping is $25 for the weekend (No matter how many days you camp... ok...might make a deal for sat night only, get with us)
Participation fee for only the Car Show is 10.00 or free with a Camping Admission
General Admission (walk-in's ) to the Car Show is $2 a person or 2 cans of food. All food will be donated to The Storehouse Food Bank.
Swap and Vendor space $10.00

This year we will be offering pre-registration. an online form you can download and email back will be available soon. Also this year we will accept your registration payments or if you just feel like sending us a donation via paypal.
PRE-Camping! Starts Thursday evening, 12th of October 2017
That is right, once AGAIN we will be setting up and then camping this night (as we have the past several years...) feel free to join us for a laid back time of just hanging out by the fire. There is NO extra charge. Potties should be there also.

Friday, Oct 13th, 2017
2:00pm The grounds will officially open for people to start arriving. be sure to come early to get your favorite spot.
6:00pm there will be a FREE HOT DOG and BURGER FEED sponsored by AAA / RT 66 AC VW Club !!! Yep... FREE FOOD again this year! So get in line and stuff your face! We will also have potluck items to eat so feel free to bring a dish if you want or just show up and eat!

The rest of the evening will consist of good times around the campfire. There usually is a great fireworks show at the Balloon Park we can see from the site!!

Saturday Oct 14th, 2017! Wake up to the "Mass Ascension" of BALLOONS!!! Drink your coffee and enjoy the launch! Weather permitting we get a GREAT view of HUNDREDS of balloons!!!

8 a.m.: We will start registration for Swap and parking for VWs inside the lot.

9 a.m.: AAA / RT66 booth will start selling Raffle tickets and event T-shirts, we will also have some kids going around selling raffle tickets please help us raise money for the Storehouse Food Bank. Tickets are only 50 cents each and our profits go to this Charity. The club has raised over $2,500 the past three years for the Road Runner Food bank, and so let’s continues this great tradition by helping this new Charity.

12pm ALL votes in for awards to the AAA / RT66 booth for counting, vote for your favorite and see who wins!

2pm The Raffle Starts!!!

Sat night:
Those that have a long trip home are welcome to stay the night and leave bright and early Sunday morning.

PLEASE READ:
Sunday, Oct 15, 2017 We must be OFF the church property by 7:00 am , As every year we have to pack it up and leave due to the church having services that day and they need the parking area. Those dragging a bit that morning have to at least move to the far north east corner of the lot..

That is about it! Keep in mind ....
October in New Mexico can be interesting weather wise. Hot days and chilly nights are not uncommon. Be prepared for weather changes. Bring sunscreen but don't forget your jacket. Nights can dip into the low 40's or even 30's! If campfires are your thing, please bring your own firewood, and all fires must be above ground and contained (fire pits, portable fireplaces, smudge pots...etc). There will be metal trash cans for all ashes. please do not leave your ash on the parking lot. if you need a hand dumping your fire pit, let someone know.

This show is all about having fun, hanging out with friends, and raising money for good causes. There are, however, a few rules.

No glass containers.
No animals off leash or in the show area.
If you bring animals, please control them, and clean up after them.
Please be mindful of other people, and don't impede their good time.
No on-ground fires. Use Drums and put your ashes in the metal trash cans.
Quiet time from 10pm - 6am.

Although everyone is welcome to attend, we reserve the right to remove anyone from the campout at any time (with good cause) without a refund. Please understand this is to help keep the event fun and keep it going for next year.

For more Info you can visit our Facebook page:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/252023491494748
Or our web site http://aaavwclub.com
Please go to Busses and Balloons Thread.
This event coincides with the International Balloon Fiesta, and could make for a great trip overall. If you've never been it's worth going to for sure!
http://balloonfiesta.com/event-info/event-info/event-schedule
Hope to see you all there! DRIVE SAFE!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
505BusFanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

See you all there!

jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

"The more walking-around money I have, the less I walk around."
-Iggy Pop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

My son and I are making plans to head down this year. Looks like a good time!

Question about the balloon park and activities. Is this walking distance from the camp out?

*** Just noticed it's about 4 miles away. Thanks!
1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

camit34 wrote:
My son and I are making plans to head down this year. Looks like a good time!

Question about the balloon park and activities. Is this walking distance from the camp out?

*** Just noticed it's about 4 miles away. Thanks!

There is a bus shuttle you can get to, that's easy enough And it will put you on balloon fiesta park. Very easy and fun, that's how most people do it cause of traffic.
We will help you. The balloon glows at night are super cool.

-Iggy Pop
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

jamtonio wrote:

There is a bus shuttle you can get to, that's easy enough And it will put you on balloon fiesta park. Very easy and fun, that's how most people do it cause of traffic.
We will help you. The balloon glows at night are super cool.

Very cool, I appreciate it.

I was just accepted to the FB group a little bit ago so I think I'll ask further questions there since this is a sticky.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

This could happen.... which would be awesome too!

-Iggy Pop
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

Please join us if you can

-Iggy Pop
jrehm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

Any room for non-VW bus campers? We have some friends in a little Casita trailer who might want to join us (he sold his splittie!)

follow our misadventures: www.bodeswell.com or @bodes.well
-------------------------------------------------------
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

jrehm wrote:
Any room for non-VW bus campers? We have some friends in a little Casita trailer who might want to join us (he sold his splittie!)

I was told only if it’s being pulled by a Volkswagen. Sorry.

-Iggy Pop
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

We are hoping for a good swap meet this year. Please join us!

-Iggy Pop
jrehm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has a 'driveway camp' space available for this weekend? Thanks!

follow our misadventures: www.bodeswell.com or @bodes.well
-------------------------------------------------------
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

jrehm wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has a 'driveway camp' space available for this weekend? Thanks!

Ok so now I’m being told if it’s as small as a bus they can bring it in and leave the tow vehicle on the road. We are trying to keep it all Busses or Vw’s generally in there. If it’s a dual axel or larger, they will need to make other arrangements.

-Iggy Pop
hendovw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

Is the Yuma AZ group going this year? If yes and y'all come through Springerville on US 60 we'd like to hookup and caravan with you.
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Busses And Balloons Albuquerque NM - Oct 12-15 2017 Reply with quote

Anyone watching this thread coming from the north and want to caravan down Thursday?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: