Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
slownsteady
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

Anybody going - Transporterfest/VW Day ?

Oct 8th Sunday, 9am to 3pm

Larz Anderson Auto Museum
15 Newton Street
Brookline, MA 02445
617-522-6547

Looking at pictures of the past events, this should be fun! And it would be great to put some faces to the names.

Below is a copy and paste from the Event Listing in the Community section of our site:

Join us for a fun filled day on the lawn of the Larz Anderson Auto museum with all types of VWs welcome. Show registration opens at 9am, show ends around 3pm. Dash plaques and custom award plaques for people's choice winners. $20 for show vehicles, includes admission for all passengers. $25 for swap meet (VW parts or toys only). No T-shirt sales, we will have show shirts available for purchase at the registration table. Registration is day of show only, CASH only.

Pre-show camping will be in Salem, MA at Winter Island park. Please contact Stan via text if you are planning to camp. 508*331.7813. We have two large group areas reserved and camping begins Thur. Oct 5th. A large caravan will cruise to the show on Sunday morning from Salem.

Monday Oct. 9th (Columbus Day) is our rain-date this year.
See www.larzanderson.org for directions and more museum information.

Photos from past shows are here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_keywords=Transporterfest
figborg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

I might go on Sunday but will skip the camping the day before (if it's happening) since I need to be elsewhere.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=662374
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

I'll be there, without a van. I'll be a 50+ year old white guy with a beard. I'm sure I'll be the only one....
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

I will be there with out my van.. I don't have time to reinstall the engine. I have been there the last two years. It's always fun. Another 50+plus white guy. I will probably drive a red Miata.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

Alas I will be in first class on way to Narita for work. I'll try the veal...
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

I'll be there and camping too!
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
the joker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

I'm planning on going to the show Arrow
I'll be another 50+ guy 84 white joker , swap meet parts, and a little dog , looks like the weather will be better than last year Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MikeInMass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

Note that there will be a road race in the morning blocking the main roads around Jamaica Pond near the museum. You need to find a route that comes in from the west. Riverway/Jamaicaway/Arborway will be closed until about 10:30 am according to the baa.org site. I got caught on the wrong side of the road closures last year.

Hope the rain holds off this year.

---mike...

'79 SB vert
the joker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

how will the VFW be Question , that's my route , I'm also heading out early.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MikeInMass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

VFW from the south should be okay as long as you don't make it to the Emerald Necklace parkways. The 1/2 marathon runs from the zoo to Park Drive (love the name of that street) near Fenway, and you can't use or cross the parkways, except if there's a bridge, like both Washington St crossings (Rt 9 and by the zoo).
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

I'll be down Sunday.
<<< Driving that Truck........

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
ajdenette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

I will be there in My van as I have been I am a 30 year old white guy with a beard Laughing
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=732777
1990 Vanagon Syncro Base awaiting body work
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

Did anyone get some photos from transporter feast? Considering the weather it looked like a pretty good turn out. I was there for a short time in the morning between jobs. The rain drove a lot of people into the vans. I recognized a lot of the vanagons from here. it was a good show like always.
vwtuner6591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

It was a great turnout despite the weather!
Here are some pics of the show....

http://keepingitclassic.blog/2017/10/09/transporter-fest/
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

Thanks for pictures. It was great to see all the vanagons
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: October 08, 2017 - Transporterfest/VW Day Brookline, Mass Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=673939

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: