Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bluetooth speaker for vw bug
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pixlechef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

Posting what I'm using for my vw. I didn't want to modify my sweet new door panels or put in kick panels for sound. I'm using the cool little Bluetooth acorn you can hang from your rear view mirror. It holds a six hour charge, will turn itself off after 5 mins of non use, and is pretty loud for a mono speaker.

Here is the amazon link today: Portable Mini Wireless Bluetooth Speaker With Super Bass Stereo Sound play music 8 hours for iPhone iPad Android Car Home Ipad Ipod https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JP2YLSA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CEuKzbFD3CBA9

Here are some photos.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

That's really cool looking Wink
Paul Ray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

Read the some of the bad reviews on it. Is it loud enough for a sport exhaust to hear it? I recently installed one and even with sound deadener in my car, it's pretty loud.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iamthewalrus30
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

Can you post a video of the sound?? For only $10 probably can't beat the price.
pixlechef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

Sure thing. I'll do it next time someone else is riding with me as my phone turns music off when I record.

Flooring your engine off a green light? Probably won't hear this $10 speaker. But it's surprisingly loud, affordable, and has a decent battery life for a long drive. What it lacks in volume it makes up for in location ion you probably wouldn't want to strap a larger speaker on your dash and wouldn't hear it as good on the floor.

Most of the bad reviews I saw were from users wearing the speaker. And expecting stereo sound from a mono speaker.
pixlechef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

What does everyone else here use? I'm trying to not spend hundreds on a sound system.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

for my mini-truck, I am using an oontz bluetooth speaker from cambridge soundworks until I put my big system in. It's little and loud. I use it while out BMX'ing with some velcro straps. If you got the cheap little cup holder metal basket thing everyone uses, it would fit no prob. it's pretty dang cheap, use it in the garage, fits in cup holders

https://theoontz.com/products/oontz-angle-3-portable-wireless-bluetooth-speaker-black

67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

While not cheap. I have a Bose Sound Link lll on the back seat of my beetle. It can over power the exhaust during normal driving. Step on the gas and the roar of the dual 40's will over power the speaker.

The sound is great and since it's Bluetooth. I can place it on a shelf in the garage and continue enjoying whatever music I have streaming over Pandora.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
HungLow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

I use the jbl xtreme, it sounds good in that car
carcrazed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

You can always hit your local Big Lots and get a cheap bluetooth speaker. Aaaaahhhh remember the days of when you HAD to have an in dash stereo...or you used the old boom box and completely flipped out when you heard the cassette slow down and "munch munch" of the tape. Much easier these days.

"Just When you think you are getting ahead, you're always wrong."
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

$40 at Target. Sits right on the ashtray, and sounds pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paul Ray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

I have that one in my garage. Funny thing is I mentioned yesterday to my wife about getting the one that hangs from the rear view mirror while we were in the garage. She pointed to that one and said why not just use that, you can make it hang if you want. But I think I might just steal your idea in the ash tray instead. Do you ever have a issue of it falling out?
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

Paul Ray wrote:
I have that one in my garage. Funny thing is I mentioned yesterday to my wife about getting the one that hangs from the rear view mirror while we were in the garage. She pointed to that one and said why not just use that, you can make it hang if you want. But I think I might just steal your idea in the ash tray instead. Do you ever have a issue of it falling out?

I have had it fall of a couple of times, but it all kinda depends on your driving. If you were racing around, flying into corners, etc, then yeah, it would more than likely fall out. Im running an all stock car with a 36 in it, so I really dont have that issue. Also, if you close the ashtray some, because of the speakers rubber coatiing, it will kinda sandwich the speaker up against the dash, keeping it in place.
kom123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

A Bose Revolve fits well in the cup holder section of the floor basket. The 360 degree internal speakers fill the front of the car well enough and is loud enough too I find.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
panicman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

I use a Bose Soundlink. Fills the cabin pretty well, and the available covers can help tie it into the interior.

Still fighting with myself over installing a ‘real’ system.

hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

kom123 wrote:
A Bose Revolve fits well in the cup holder section of the floor basket. The 360 degree internal speakers fill the front of the car well enough and is loud enough too I find.

That might be the great solution for the cupholder on my '65 westy dash! It would be right in front of where the factory speaker would blast.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
presto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

This is my Blutooth speaker. Its a JBL and lights up various lights. I have a velcro strip on the roof of my bug that I stick it to. I also set it in the bottom of my 8inch Djimbe drum leaning against the back of my front seats facing forward.

Now ....

I've also been looking at those ATV Speakers like (Google It)

Bazooka - ATV-TUBE Dual 8" 450W 2-way Powered Wireless Speaker (Each) - Black

I would put these behind the seat and connect them to the battery. Has anyone done this already or have any other ideas for speakers bigger than this ?
presto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

I'm ditching my in-dash stereo for this Bluetooth speaker since i'm streaming music from my phone anyway.

Amazon Link Below and site link also.

http://www.qfxusa.com/ItemDetail.cfm?ItemID=2004#

https://www.amazon.com/QFX-PBX-100-Portable-Party-...url][/url]
63vwrag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

Mount that thing in an old school suitcase and drop it behind the rear seat.
1978 Spitfire (sold)
1980 Spitfire (sold)
2004 Jeep LJ Wrangler daily driver
planenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth speaker for vw bug Reply with quote

I use a Bluetooth transmitter connected directly to my radio, and use a Marshall speaker in my backseat. It's loud enough, and I can take it outside the car with me. I used a Bose Mini Link, and it just didn't have enough for interstate, but the Marshall gets it done. I might add, my hearing isn't very good, so even with hearing aids, I probably need a little more than most of you. I can also use my phone/speaker if I don't like the radio.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: