Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What are the specs for '69 camper front wheel bearing seals?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: What are the specs for '69 camper front wheel bearing seals? Reply with quote

I'm installing front disc brakes from CSP on my '69 camper. The instructions call for a 62x50x7 bearing seal. A 62x45x8 seal for a '64-'67 looks like it makes a better overlap on the bearing and would be a better seal because it is wider.

What are the correct specs for the '69 camper.?

What are the consequences of using the '64-'67 seal?

Why does the 62x50x7 look like it is not wide enough to prevent grease form leaking past the inner part of the seal?

Aloha
tp

Aloha
tp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the specs for '69 camper front wheel bearing seals? Reply with quote

https://www.busdepot.com/211405641d
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the specs for '69 camper front wheel bearing seals? Reply with quote

Disregard my post. I figured it out myself. The earlier seal does not fit over the hub of the later spindle.

Embarassed

Aloha
tp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the specs for '69 camper front wheel bearing seals? Reply with quote

Bearing supply houses should be able to help
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the specs for '69 camper front wheel bearing seals? Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
Bearing supply houses should be able to help

The instructions with the kit from CSP had the specs for early and later bays and supplied two sets of seals, one for each type of spindle. It's just that the earlier/wrong seal was in the rotor box that I opened first and looked good when installed. I didn't realize my mistake until one side was done, but wrong. I had to take the finished job apart and do it right.

I'm glad I was on my driveway and not yours and I had the time and help to do the job right.

Aloha
tp
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the specs for '69 camper front wheel bearing seals? Reply with quote

Geez, thanks

I know you really didn't intend for that to sound the way it came out
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the specs for '69 camper front wheel bearing seals? Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
Geez, thanks

I know you really didn't intend for that to sound the way it came out

What I meant was, I f...ed it up by putting in the wrong seal. My daughter was willing to help me to undo my bad and do the job right. If you and I had been doing the job, you wouldn't have made the mistake or I would have gotten an admonishment, mechanic to pilot for the mistake I made.

RTFIATC

Why do pilots have square shoulders and flat heads?

Aloha
tp
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: