Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tail light lense question????
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sal2124
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Tail light lense question???? Reply with quote

Is there a diffrance between the tail light lense of 1972 and a 1970??
I've been trying to find some. I found some 1970 tail lights lenses that are way cheaper than the 1972. Thanks
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Tail light lense question???? Reply with quote

yes, 71-72 are bigger
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sal2124
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Tail light lense question???? Reply with quote

Thanks for the help.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Tail light lense question???? Reply with quote

To answer your question, yes and size matters.
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Tail light lense question???? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Wait, wait, wait a minute... my girlfriend told me that's not true. That was before she asked me for a $25k personal loan so she could start her tourism business in St. Tropez. I'm going to have to ask her to clarify, but, but for some reason she's not answering my calls or emails. Business must be keeping her busy Confused
Disaster06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tail light lense question???? Reply with quote

joey1320 wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Wait, wait, wait a minute... my girlfriend told me that's not true. That was before she asked me for a $25k personal loan so she could start her tourism business in St. Tropez. I'm going to have to ask her to clarify, but, but for some reason she's not answering my calls or emails. Business must be keeping her busy Confused
Applause

Hahaha
bobinphx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Tail light lense question???? Reply with quote

Note about lenses.

Its my understanding that in order for new replacement lenses to be legal in the USA, they should have "DOT" printed or embossed on them. Without the DOT, they are not legal. Is anyone really looking for the DOT or does it matter? I dont know, but thats the rules as I understand them.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Tail light lense question???? Reply with quote

Maybe in states have "annual inspections" but where I live in the "west" I've usually not heard of such a thing happening... (well, unless you have a really pissed-off officer)

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mudpump
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Tail light lense question???? Reply with quote

Yeah I've never heard of anyone getting grief about non-DOT tail light lenses unless MAYBE you're in a state that does inspections.

I could envision getting grief about some of those non-DOT headlights. Especially if you blinded a state trooper.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: