Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

I used to attribute it to the cost of sub 68 buses and the fact that owning a roached out rust bucket that could only move under the assistance of a tow bar was the problem, but clearly not given the seemly growing attendance of this event. Clearly the well trafficked and lots of space and amenities of the new location helps with drawing and supporting the growing attendances.

What are the perks of those other sites vs using the samba? Not important but I guess that’s the miss for me.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

gondiwindi wrote:
What are the perks of those other sites vs using the samba? Not important but I guess that’s the miss for me.

Could be a generational thing. I find far more poor information on Facebook, The Samba is the place for good info. But then again I'm a borderline old fart.
As far as Bulli, word of mouth and the reputation of the event will keep it going strong for years to come. I wouldn't worry about lack of communication here.
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

It's an event that I know a lot of the people in my circle look forward to every year. I see when the date of the show is and then wait with anticipation. Well said Babysnakes.
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

Gondiwindi, sorry, not fully understanding the question. If there is any missing information in the initial post I'll be glad to edit and re-post. I tried to be as through as possible. We have utilized Facebook and IG but word of mouth and the sharing of a great weekend together has always carried us through. If your looking for corporate advertising for this split bus gathering there is none. Its simply bus owners, vendors, friends and family (Even the four legged kind) having a great time. Call me directly if I can help. Thanks, RK
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

No. Nothing strategic or anything like that, it's just like snakes says. I can't stand those other forums or sites. In prior years these pages were like 30-40 deep for this show but I guess that it's the sign of the times. I spend so much time telling my kids to get their asses off FB, instagram and Snap Chat so that could be what's driving my point.

Looking forward to the show.
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

Joey and I are pulling out in the morning with our wonderful wife’s. Looking forward to catching up with some friends
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

Are the original show makers still involved with B.B.?
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

THIS SATURDAY! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Shirt sales will happen at 10am at the Dubbar. Shirts are Black or gray and a few pink ones for the ladies, short sleeve, long sleeve and hoodies. Stickers are 2 for $1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

I've pretty much given up on Facebook, etc. I'm gonna start getting back to TheSamba. Posted some pix of my horrible, wet, cold, misty, rainy trip from South Jersey. Rained until I reached the state line of the Sunshine State!

Here is a shot from South of Savannah this morning:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And a Polaroid of the bus at a Lake near Ocala:

And two shots of the Beach Bungalow, safe at last for the festivities.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

WOW! Polaroid!!! Surprised

Didn't know that shtuff was still around! Or you!! Laughing

Welcome back! Cool
brettsvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

We headed out this morning and stopped for lunch in Ocala. Meeting up with Juan and German for cruise down.

My 59 kombi build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=635003&highlight=

My buggy build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=558601&highlight=

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:

Welcome back! Cool

It's actually FujiRoid, as I recall from using the same camera this year.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

Stanagon wrote:
pyrOman wrote:

Welcome back! Cool

It's actually FujiRoid, as I recall from using the same camera this year.

It's actually a real Polaroid, new film from Polaroid Originals.

Here's my best Polaroid from the show. Salute to our Veterans from Robert Kennedy on Joe Monds Cherry Picker V90:

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

Another fantastic BB. Perfect weather, well attended, a ton of buses never seen before and a perfect host by the QSL restaurant.

Couldn't have been better for me and my family that attended. Nice job to everyone that puts this on. Your efforts are really appreciated.
brettsvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

Great show again with plenty of split buses. The non-split bus parking was overflowing with cool VWs.

My 59 kombi build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=635003&highlight=

My buggy build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=558601&highlight=

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

Great time, again! Thanks to all those who make it happen. Already looking forward to the 25th year Shocked

Here are a few pics I took:

IG:j.stenner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

Another great show. Thank you all who had a part in putting it on. Looking forward to the 25th year show.
fotoroadie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

Love Bulli Brigade. here's a video capture of the great buses that were there.

Copy & Paste if it doesn't want to load

Bobby

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y4POx4yeHLT712SVzlHb8QDMu4iGdUAE/view?usp=drive_web
marton3j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

fotoroadie wrote:
Love Bulli Brigade. here's a video capture of the great buses that were there.

Copy & Paste if it doesn't want to load

Bobby

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y4POx4yeHLT712SVzlHb8QDMu4iGdUAE/view?usp=drive_web

Great show and video. Thanks
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade XXIV - November 11, 2017, Clearwater, FL Reply with quote

58deluxerag wrote:
gondiwindi wrote:
What is going on with the level of communication on the samba for this show? What is the disconnect?

Less TheSamba and more Instagram and Facebook going on.

See y'all Saturday (friday, I'll be at the host hotel)

Cool

If there's an official Instagram tag, I'll add a link to the start of this thread.
It looks like it might be this so I added it, along with some other links to photos here and the video that was posted.
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/bullibrigade2017/
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: