Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

On one hand it is nice to see what's become the mainstream of information - the InterWeb embrace the lowly VW Bus and all its variations. From the Split Window to The front wheel drive mini van to the Baywindow and Vanagon in between. VW is surely the go to "I have to have it" grid escape vehicle.

Ive often thought about marking events and vids with counter vids describing the "actual" real life components of the gofundme crowds over the top, sexy girl, cute animal, drop a dollar in the bucket vids and mentality. Ive been beat to the punch with this vid below.

God bless getting out and exploring. Its wat we all do as a culture thats into VW Buses. Its just that others like to Pan Handel there way through it. I have to ask myself. Who is to blame? The panhandler or he who keeps the panhandling relevant? And is it Panhandling if you provide a show? IE Vids of your experience. I say no it is not. As its no different than the guy with the monkey and the organ grinder. Hear and see the show, give as you will except that today the monkey is replaced by the T&A and cool drone scapes. Cheeky Monkey Think

What do you think?

Link

Link

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Ummm, what bus? All I saw was the hot chick
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
Ummm, what bus? All I saw was the hot chick

You mean monkey right? Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Did you notice that Emma and Sven were featured in that video several times? LOL.

Oscar: 1976 Westfalia Deluxe Camper, 2.0L FI, Manual Transaxle
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

All I saw was the .... monkey
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

RONIN10 wrote:
Did you notice that Emma and Sven were featured in that video several times? LOL.

Ha. No I didnt see that. Ill bet they would laugh.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Ah, thank you so much! That shit was what I needed to see... my own 'Van Pray Life' is fucked again because the two SKF seals I paid twenty dollars for and waited three days for don't fit at all in the steering box I am trying to get back together.

There is no fine chick feeding me a slice of any damned thing. Just bugs swarming around my work light as I contemplate more fucking delays.

Too bad Petey the Monkey wasn't here to lick my nose. That would make me feel better. And NO ONE has the 90mm O-ring I need for the other side of the steering box... not even some douchebag French unemployed construction worker.

Thanks Jason! A good laugh for me. Laughing
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

It's delayed gratification panhandling. You want the freedom to do this until you need something that the people working in society have created, like brain surgery or the Internet, then you want back in for kewl movies an 8 year old can make.

And, for that reason, I'm out.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

I can't believe how clean that bus was. Where do they store all their belongings? I get the cabinets, but...where's like the bedding at, that stuff takes up a lot of room. Since they are filming maybe they take it all out and make the bus look nice before the shoot.

Wonder what engine they are running.
’65 Deluxe Build
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

first....I need to find that motherfucker in the video and paypal him a case of whatever he drinks.....that was epic Laughing

ok, so they blew 10's of 1,000's of dollars going to school, she actually found a job to match her studies....then quit. fucking brilliant....good luck getting that job again. perhaps she will be able to slide a tasty plate of vegan food across a counter at a gym for 9.00/hr

sounds to me like they both came from well off families. my average weekend run in a bus is an ez 200.00 between food and fuel alone. sorry, I am not going to eat twigs and berries and the occasional bug off my travel partner...

this stuff never surprises me anymore. it's like "reality" TV, with all of the reality scrubbed out of it....bug bites, break downs, illness....internet rock stars baby....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
first....I need to find that motherfucker in the video and paypal him a case of whatever he drinks.....that was epic Laughing

sounds to me like they both came from well off families. my average weekend run in a bus is an ez 200.00 between food and fuel alone. sorry, I am not going to eat twigs and berries and the occasional bug off my travel partner....

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

No doubt Skills. I'm going to Colorado Springs on Friday to camp with friends and attend the Buses at The Brewery event. It's gonna be like 4 tanks of premium, 3 days beer and food. That's mos def gonna be more then $200.
’65 Deluxe Build
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

richparker wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

No doubt Skills. I'm going to Colorado Springs on Friday to camp with friends and attend the Buses at The Brewery event. It's gonna be like 4 tanks of premium, 3 days beer and food. That's mos def gonna be more then $200.

that's what I mean....even with your average 9-5 earnings it's pretty expensive to pack up and roll out. plus the gym membership so they can wash their dirty asses....

that dude is killing it...#e-beggar Laughing

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
pioneer1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Sadly I've been getting emails from my "bus for sale" ad from young, single,women who must have watched their videos or other like it. They want to live the dream,travel,etc.. I have sent them the video "think you want to buy a vw van". My wife says it's not my job to educate them but I wouldn't want my daughters to buy something with the rose tinted glasses on.

'85 Porsche 911 Targa

'76 Westfalia project
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Laughing , I'd buy that guy a beer anytime!

$70 to fill the bus here yesterday, I guess I'll have to cut down on the latte's, dinners and clubbing for the next 2 years before I quit my job and hit the road Razz

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Fuck vanlife.
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

chabanais wrote:
Fuck vanlife.

So very much this. Hell it was hard to watch them even being roasted. Gethefuckouttahere

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

So at what point does VanLife become douchebaggery? I have lived in my Westy while chasing my job, even though I could have done something different. During that time, I used 'the world' to my advantage, seeking out free water, toilets and showers.

Yet, I was still a working man.... who could have just paid for a hotel room at Motel 6... but chose to carve out my own way.

Example: Before I hit San Diego months ago on my way to visit one of our Samba members, I exited the I-15 freeway at Pala Mesa and found a side road going to private property. I made a hot lunch, took a nap and shit in the bushes.

Got back on the freeway and in downtown San Diego, I paid for metered parking, ran six miles along the waterfront, then in the Westy with curtains closed, changed out my running clothes and completely bathed and drained the bathwater into the gutter.

Visited with Aeromech for a bit, then left for the coast for my Westy dinner at Solana Beach. Dumped all my trash at the beach trash can. Headed north, planning on sleeping at San Onofre State Beach, but it was closed with locked gate. Stole more than ten gallons of water at San Clemente Sate Beach headquarters, I think. Peed in the bushes there.

Slept in a quiet neighborhood (bed was made before I left Solana Beach) in Laguna Niguel. I did not pop the top up. Had morning coffee at a nice overlook there completely alone overlooking the beach at sunrise.

Went to work that afternoon and dumped the rest of my trash in the company can. Shit in the company toilet on their time, not mine. I totally enjoyed every bit of that, except the locked gate at San Onofre. If I were single, I would live this way many months out of the year, and work a less consuming job.
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

I think when you're trying to tout its virtues while at the same time giving yourself props and asking people for money.

Wasted youth wrote:
So at what point does VanLife become douchebaggery?

williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

chabanais wrote:
I think when you're trying to tout its virtues while at the same time giving yourself props and asking people for money.

Wasted youth wrote:
So at what point does VanLife become douchebaggery?

I think when the sign your holding at McD's reads "will work for food" and then you won't/

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: