Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
Abscate wrote:
You will still have to eat a$$ kale....

that should be a question tonight at the dem debate.... Do you eat kale? Would you make it mandatory everyone else to eat it once a week to lower the consumption of beef, and slow global warming.... ? Laughing

I will happily supply them with all they can eat. slow roasted off a sidewalk in san fran on a fresh bed of lettuce. choice of corn infused or straight up sloppy joe style. or if they really want to get crazy I could substitute the corn for peanuts

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

my59 wrote:
orwell84 wrote:

While on my vanlife journey, I would overcome lactose and gluten intolerance, Lyme disease, PTSD and third degree burns incurred while putting out a dramatic engine fire and saving the dog.

I would throw in a little psychology, Zen Buddhism, random new agey spiritualism as well as the recipe for the vegan surprise and call it a self help book.

So it's you who is writing the screenplay for Zen and the art of bus maintenance. Damnit, that was my retirement plan!

Maybe we could do one of those group book author things. Each forum member could add a sentence although last time it read like this -

We were going in our buses to a festival to enjoy the weather.

John was in the back drinking beer while Suzy was smoking kale.

A deer crossed the road ahead of us and Sam remarked that it was Friday so he didn't eat meat.

John farted from all the beer he had consumed.

Abscate said he thought it was Suzy and her bad kale.

Skills pulled along side to race but noticed a turkey by the side of the road and pulled over to check it out.

BusDaddy offered advise and as usual he was correct. Where does this guy learn so much?

Clatter wrote a poem.

SGKent made no sense at all so we ignored him.

Clatter secretly kicked him under the table.

Clatter did it again just to be sure he got his point across.

Did I say we were on the way to a festival and that John was drinking beer?

GoFundMe Vanlife was broken down again by the side of the road.

Robbie stopped to help but he noticed a stash of old VW parts in a nearby barn and took off to check it out.

Colin wrote that he would be there as soon as he was done painting his bumper where a bee made a smudge.

Did I say we were going to a festival and John was drinking beer?

Anyone hear from Stuartzickefoose? He has been missing since July 8.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Stuart is here with us in San Diego. He's been on a fix-it mission for several peeps including me. I think he's on a "avoid useless shit in my life kick" like posting to the Samba Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
my59 wrote:
orwell84 wrote:

While on my vanlife journey, I would overcome lactose and gluten intolerance, Lyme disease, PTSD and third degree burns incurred while putting out a dramatic engine fire and saving the dog.

I would throw in a little psychology, Zen Buddhism, random new agey spiritualism as well as the recipe for the vegan surprise and call it a self help book.

So it's you who is writing the screenplay for Zen and the art of bus maintenance. Damnit, that was my retirement plan!

Maybe we could do one of those group book author things. Each forum member could add a sentence although last time it read like this -

We were going in our buses to a festival to enjoy the weather.

John was in the back drinking beer while Suzy was smoking kale.

A deer crossed the road ahead of us and Sam remarked that it was Friday so he didn't eat meat.

John farted from all the beer he had consumed.

Abscate said he thought it was Suzy and her bad kale.

Skills pulled along side to race but noticed a turkey by the side of the road and pulled over to check it out.

BusDaddy offered advise and as usual he was correct. Where does this guy learn so much?

Clatter wrote a poem.

SGKent made no sense at all so we ignored him.

Clatter secretly kicked him under the table.

Clatter did it again just to be sure he got his point across.

Did I say we were on the way to a festival and that John was drinking beer?

GoFundMe Vanlife was broken down again by the side of the road.

Robbie stopped to help but he noticed a stash of old VW parts in a nearby barn and took off to check it out.

Colin wrote that he would be there as soon as he was done painting his bumper where a bee made a smudge.

Did I say we were going to a festival and John was drinking beer?

Anyone hear from Stuartzickefoose? He has been missing since July 8.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

+1000, Steve
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Ohhh Sure.... He throws Big Emma in with the *fucking bull shitters*

You can see Big Emma putter along behind them, sucking in their ass gas at about 1:20 in.

Oh well..... we take it all in I suppose.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

42:45

"that's not meat, that's a fucking salad" Laughing

and please, don't think I sat and watched the whole thing...just glossed over the video.

this is what I think about what social media has done to people. it's neutered most men and woman will take it all off for a nanosecond of notoriety

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Both pictures are awesome, in very different ways. Nice BMW bike, my grandfather was a tank mechanic for the Germans in WWII, he would scour the battlefield for parts, especially bike parts. That was his "go fund me" experience on his journey to the Caucasus mountains.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

andrewtf wrote:
Ohhh Sure.... He throws Big Emma in with the *fucking bull shitters*

You can see Big Emma putter along behind them, sucking in their ass gas at about 1:20 in.

Oh well..... we take it all in I suppose.
Emma(s) and Sven aren’t the same ilk in my opinion. They are part of the community and family (though coming from the crazy cousin hiding in the attic, not sure that’s a complement or not...) and would be pleased to share a meal with them and hear their stories. The ones that think this place is their personal Netflix? I’ve got some tainted clown meat they can have.
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Now that's funny.

"So, put your phones down and get out," she says to her phone.

"We're not getting any new followers. What is the point of camping?"

To me this is a way funnier and more incisive spoof on VanLife than the Dave2D guy, who is just snarky.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
Now that's funny.

"So, put your phones down and get out," she says to her phone.

"We're not getting any new followers. What is the point of camping?"

To me this is a way funnier and more incisive spoof on VanLife than the Dave2D guy, who is just snarky.

Then this is right up there too. I think it was posted in here, somewhere.

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

It doesn't count without bendy yoga Chick...
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
It doesn't count without bendy yoga Chick...

I would have to say this one is the epitome of a commercial #vanlife product. Cute couple, dog, nice looking Vanagon and the scenery Shocked . All makes for the perfect product to sell their rack shellac stuff on YouTube IMHO.

They also wanted to know where to find decent heating for their diesel Vanagon? Laughing I pointed them to the Golden Dragon.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible

Last edited by notchboy on Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
crownline
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

The nice thing about that last video is the chick isn't afraid to get her hands dirty and even pushes the van. And not once did they brag about making their own kale chips and hummus. And no cards trying to sell the van.

"It"s got some dings and dents and neither of us is going to SEMA."(Update, I went to SEMA in 2019 but the Bus stayed home)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-8446.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71whitewesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

That was really nice! Footage was insane really. I have always wanted to ship my Bus over and spend a couple months traveling through Europe with the family. It makes more sense to rent something over there but for me the ultimate would be to bring my own Bus over. Good stuff, thanks for posting it.
Very Happy
1969 Tucker Sno cat 542
2017 VW Alltrac
71 tin top stock 1600 DP (project but runs)
Twin 71 White Westy, Bus 2, that I pulled from a 15 year slumber in a dry eastern WA field in 2015.
1966 Sundial Camper "Boomer"
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

I could use about 3 pounds of that kale for the root cellar, right now.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Page 26 of 37

Jump to: