Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
soissisc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

WUNDXRBUS bus sounded pretty BAD leaving Palm Springs or wherever they celebrated their whatever anniversary.

68 Westy
92 Jetta (oh it is retired)
99 Eurovan
05 NBC
06 Audi A3
72 Westy (I am going to fix it up)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

You should love these guys.

Link

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/06/04/promaster-van-conversion/
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Dave is the best roaster! What an annoying trend vanlife has become.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:

IDK, the trend seems ok to me. It’s all the people who are trying to profit off it that sucks. I know plenty of people who #vanlife, most of them have jobs and houses/apartments and they use the van as a from of recreation. The sleep in the parking lots is ski areas and trail heads, to slay the fresh powder or catch the morning freshies when MTB trails are empty.

Next winter, my son Miles and I are planning the same. Weekend trips to ski resorts within the southwest, camping in the lot and hitting the slopes all weekend. He’ll be 8 with 6 seasons of skiing (and ski school) under his belt, it’s time we venture off on some farther son ski adventures. He picking up the MTB pretty good too (we also have MTB camp here), I’m hoping weekend summer riding trips are in our near future too. So I guess we’ll be vanlifing along with the rest of them.

At least the are buying up all the Sprinters, Transits and Pro Masters and not the VW Buses anymore. I do love pulling into a trail head that littered with the new age Vanlifers on my bus, getting out to a dozen staring eyes and saying “OG bitches!”
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:

IDK, the trend seems ok to me. It’s all the people who are trying to profit off it that sucks. I know plenty of people who #vanlife, most of them have jobs and houses/apartments and they use the van as a from of recreation. The sleep in the parking lots is ski areas and trail heads, to slay the fresh powder or catch the morning freshies when MTB trails are empty.

Next winter, my son Miles and I are planning the same. Weekend trips to ski resorts within the southwest, camping in the lot and hitting the slopes all weekend. He’ll be 8 with 6 seasons of skiing (and ski school) under his belt, it’s time we venture off on some farther son ski adventures. He picking up the MTB pretty good too (we also have MTB camp here), I’m hoping weekend summer riding trips are in our near future too. So I guess we’ll be vanlifing along with the rest of them.

At least the are buying up all the Sprinters, Transits and Pro Masters and not the VW Buses anymore. I do love pulling into a trail head that littered with the new age Vanlifers on my bus, getting out to a dozen staring eyes and saying “OG bitches!”

I think its the difference between what you are doing Rich and the quasi poser "rough" #vanlifing. The latter fake loaded up front with $$ lifestyles are what people pick on brother.

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

I'm going to do a #VanTour and have Dave cringe-roast me for charity. Any suggestions?

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:

I think it's cool what you're planning to do, Rich. But unless you start a Go Fund Me to support your travels, and post a few 'yoga on the roof' shots, you're not a real van lifer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

" i hate the term consultant, it's so fucking vague" Laughing

consultant is code for those who can't do....teach.

shit, i could have a good time with him.

never got the appeal of wanting to live long term out of a fucking van in a parking lot somewhere pretending to be homeless. "ooh, it's fun to shit in a garbage bag and try to find a place to take a shower, let alone find a 'safe' place to park long enough so i can 'sleep' with one eye open"

'but look at me, i can warm up a old potato on my muffler or use sOlaR power to make water piss warm for my soup... I'm SaViNg ThE PlAnEt' Laughing

fuck that. we've had indoor plumbing since 1829.

social media has created (or exposed) how narcissistic people are.... "ooh look at me and my "followers" " yea...gfy....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

I found those Nomadic Millenials IG:

https://www.instagram.com/thenomadicmillennials/

Get this:

Oct 11, 2019
Sorry we have been MIA for a while now. We have been patiently waiting for some more news to be able to update you with. As you may know, our van broke down a few months ago. We had coolant leaking and it wouldn’t start. After having it towed to the dealership, they told us we needed a new engine and our warranty wouldn’t cover it. Our dual alternator that we had installed caused a coolant line to burst so all the coolant leaked out and that caused damage to the engine (scroll to 2nd picture to see). We decided to get a second opinion and we found a mechanic that is working on replacing parts of the engine. They will also be fixing our dual alternator so this problem doesn’t happen again. We hope to be on the road in the next few weeks!

They bought the van brand new on 2017 lol.
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
" i hate the term consultant, it's so fucking vague" Laughing

consultant is code for those who can't do....teach.

Consultant is code for "we have valuable knowledge that others are willing to pay for so they don't have to deal with assholes on the internet, allowing our clients to spend more time playing video games with their kids."

😘
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

BTW, I have a 23 foot trailer with A/C, heating, Queen Size bed in separate room, Bathroom with toilet, sink, bath and shower, Stove, oven, microwave etc etc. and it cost me $9000
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

Globespotter wrote:
I found those Nomadic Millenials IG:

https://www.instagram.com/thenomadicmillennials/

Get this:

Oct 11, 2019
Sorry we have been MIA for a while now. We have been patiently waiting for some more news to be able to update you with. As you may know, our van broke down a few months ago. We had coolant leaking and it wouldn’t start. After having it towed to the dealership, they told us we needed a new engine and our warranty wouldn’t cover it. Our dual alternator that we had installed caused a coolant line to burst so all the coolant leaked out and that caused damage to the engine (scroll to 2nd picture to see). We decided to get a second opinion and we found a mechanic that is working on replacing parts of the engine. They will also be fixing our dual alternator so this problem doesn’t happen again. We hope to be on the road in the next few weeks!…

You left off the rest of that post:

Quote:
We have learned a lot from this experience and we wanted to share that with you so you don’t make the same mistakes we did.

skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

airschooled wrote:

Consultant is code for "we have valuable knowledge that others are willing to pay for so they don't have to deal with assholes on the internet, allowing our clients to spend more time playing video games with their kids."

😘

wow, did i strike a nerve?

lemme rephrase

consultant is a dirtbag preying on people too dumb to do their own research and or schooling.

my dealings with consultants in the dealer world has been such that i respect none of them. they are usually smug assholes with an idea that doesn't work rather than a plan that does

you can enjoy shitting in a bag while i enjoy wiping my ass with 100's Cool

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

airschooled wrote:
I'm going to do a #VanTour and have Dave cringe-roast me for charity. Any suggestions?

Robbie

I don’t think Dave would need and suggestions. I mean you fit the mold perfectly. A guy living in a van with rich parents who travels the US grifting people. Dave is gonna LOVE your videos...
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
orwell84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

I must lack a sense of adventure but even in my 20’s, I could only stand it for a summer. I was going to take a year off to do that. I’m really glad I didn’t.

Most of the vanlife stuff is obviously staged. Living on the road makes you dirty, smelly and fat if you do it for any length of time.
Cap10323
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe WanderLust Vanlife Projects Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
airschooled wrote:

😘

wow, did i strike a nerve?

lemme rephrase

consultant is a dirtbag preying on people too dumb to do their own research and or schooling.

my dealings with consultants in the dealer world has been such that i respect none of them. they are usually smug assholes with an idea that doesn't work rather than a plan that does

you can enjoy shitting in a bag while i enjoy wiping my ass with 100's Cool

Having worked as a consultant for several years, I fucking hate consultants.

'77 Westfalia - 2.0 F.I
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Page 27 of 37

Jump to: