Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

why is there a page and a half of "stickies"?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

as the title states....why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? before I can get to the forum?

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

Although....it does brutally illustrate how often virtually every question is asked.....right?

The most frequently asked question:

"Has this question already been asked?"

Laughing Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

Maybe a moderator or member can create a topic (index) that has links to all the stickies, like we have in other forums. Then it can be made an announcement and locked. Finally all the Stickies can be made normal topics.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

this just happened....it wasn't like that this AM.

very, very annoying....

and ray, may as well lock the whole forum....I mean, really...it has ALL been done

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

That's going to get old....
furgo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

You beat me to it, I was just about to post this on the "Site" forum:

To me, this is a huge regression in the usability of the forum.

I found it quite useful to be able to go to the front page of the forum and see the new posts. I'd then just click on one I'm interested in or I can help with.

Now you seem to be flooded with a huge list of sticky posts that takes up the first one and a half pages.

It's a subtle difference to have to do extra clicking to find the new posts, but why make it more difficult for most of the users to get to what they are looking for? Particularly on mobile, where the site navigation is not as good as on desktop, I might just stop looking at the forum until I'm home.

Would it not be much neater (and easier to read) to organize this long, unrelated list of stickies into a smaller set of them that contain a list of related links?

I for one would be happy to help with that.

Decode your M-Plate
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

I completely 'get' wanting to keep the forum organized, I 'get' that folks should use the search feature, but in defense of those who ask easy questions:

Sometimes new folks don't know what language or words to use when searching seemingly obvious topics.

Sometimes it's difficult to wade through 60 pages of a thread to find the answer to a question, information overload.

I get that it's repetitive (I'm on other non-VW forums..) but noobs asking questions makes the forums go 'round.
kreemoweet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

Must be the work of Tcash's new apprentice . . .
I'm sure things will be back to normal shortly.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

another vote for put it back as it was. I think that all the stickies were in a stickies tab?
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

Yup, add me to the "go away, stickies" ballot. They were annoying enough at a half-page. Perhaps there needs to be a separate forum for stickies.

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

kreemoweet wrote:
Must be the work of Tcash's new apprentice . . .
I'm sure things will be back to normal shortly.

Guilty as charged. Sorry for the inconvenience!
whoops
Tcash
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

thank you for putting it back

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

I've been driving all day. Did I miss something? Confused

Aloha
tp
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

It was sticky hell, the entire first page and 3/4 of the second was just stickies, new posts began partway down page 2. It needed some Pimp my ride meme with Xhibit sayin "Yo, we heard ya'll likes yo self some stickies........"

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

I will fully admit....I had no idea there WERE that many stickies. Where the hell were all of those?
Ray
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

Dude your screen must be small. Mine only shows maybe the first top quarter as being stickies. Laughing

Maybe you have screen envy? Embarassed

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: why is there a page and a half of "stickies"? Reply with quote

Where has the huge list of stickies gone? I liked the new format, it stopped skills from padding his go fund me thread.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: