Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Carb problem Holley 670 on 2387 turbo engine
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexvw2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Carb problem Holley 670 on 2387 turbo engine Reply with quote

Hi there
We are in the uk. We imported a 2387 turbo engine with a Holley 670 carb. The motor was running great although the carb was leaking and the 2nd float bowel was overflowing. So we decided to purchase a Holley service maintained kit and replaced the parts in the kit with what was in carb. This didn't stop the leak however we have now made the car slower. I've read some parts in the carb like power boost valve should be adjusted for a turbo motor.

What in the kit have he swapped out to make car slower and feel like we need more fuel esp in 3rd and 4th. What can we do to rectify this problem

Many thanks
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Carb problem Holley 670 on 2387 turbo engine Reply with quote

Your probably talking about 'Boost Referencing' the power valve.I just did my 670 Quick Fuel carb, It's not hard Wink also check your fuel pressure (6-7 lbs.)
but sounds like the floats need adjusting do a search on
www.shoptalkforums.com 'forced induction' lots of info and pic's
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: